No women, no kids. Leon's Beretta. Blank shooter.

Noeland

Master Member
Leon1_sm.jpg

I've been trying to get my hands on an SGS compensator for a long time. This is, sadly, only a replica. But it's a nice one, made from aluminum for high end airsoft guns. Got it from Evike. They're about $30.

Leon2_sm.jpg

I've been doing a lot of work on blank firing pistols for a future project. It's been almost 3 years since I've been able to work on any prop at all, so I'm having a lot of fun getting back to it.

This was a simple one, though not quite done yet, and not truly an accurate replica. But pretty darn close.

This started as an Ekol Asi with a broken slide that I got for next to nothing. That's why there is a round bit with a diamond shaped recess poking out of the frame.

The Asi is an UZI replica with a Beretta replica inside a plastic shell. I posted one in another thread that I'm building out as a cyberpunk gun. Looks like this inside. This is not the busted one, obviously.

asi_open.jpg

Anyway, I had a donor slide from a top firing Firat I picked up years prior and never had a use for. "Muzzle" flash from the top of the gun looks bad on camera, IMO.

I did a lot tinkering with this one before I decided to mount the compensator on the frame. This is not accurate to the film gun, and it's not how a real SGS mounts to a real Beretta. And that stuff matters to me. So I did a lot of work to try and get the blank firing pistol (which is nothing like a real beretta inside) to work the "correct" way.

But the longer rod that this came with just didn't work. I tried quite a few things including casting a new spring guide rod.

At the end of the day I just said "I'll screw it" Hahaha. So I did, and I kind of like the look. It will certainly work for the film I'm building this for.

Leon3_sm.jpgLeon4_sm.jpg

Getting different grips soon, and will weather it up some too.

Evike has a much closer replica of the gun from the movie for $150, so eventually I will be picking that up for display.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back