No more Mr Nice Guy.

boca

One of the things I really loved about the new movie was that the Preds became properly bad again.

I feel that ever since that elder handed Danny Glover that gun, they've been becoming portrayed as more and more human-like.
P2 giving that female detective a free ultra-sound scan then letting her go.
Scar skipping hand in hand with Lexx all over the Antarctic.
Wolf riding in on his white charger to save all mankind from the Xenomorphs.

This new movie has Mr Pred back to where he belongs...where he always should have belonged... a right bad *******.

Honourable he may be, but it's about time to get back to the notion that he's not our friend, he hasn't come to save us...he looks at us the same way a farmer looks at his cattle.

Once again, at long last, the vicious ******* is back.

No more Mr Nice Guy. :eek:

I agree. However I'm pretty sure that the race of Yaujta understand that they don't want to wipe out a civilization because of them. Nor do they want to change our future by allowing us to have their technology. I do like seeing them save us while hunting us. But yeah I like that this was purely a hunting humans with no other mission movie. Good times, good times.

I wouldn't necessarily describe the Wolf as guy nice guy, less so the savior of mankind. More like the don't get in my way kind of guy who pins the movie's alleged hot chick to the wall with a 2ft wide shuriken. Which also happens to be the only real plot twist in the movie ;-D

ya i loved this film i hope a sequel is made i really liked the character royce to adrien brody did a killer job portraying a Pmc operator

"" Scar skipping hand in hand with Lexx all over the Antarctic. """
What's so bad or wrong about that!!!^^^

But seriously I see what you are saying. It is good to see a pred on screen that's a bad ass. One that makes you feel uneasy when you picture yourself in the role of the characters on film. But at the same time I think it's neat to see preds express depth or a complexity of character. Preds are just like us. They feel, they think.. Hell, they're individuals, some are outside the "norm" while others are well in..Some are freaks! You get what I'm saying? They're not "animals" but complex, sentient, intelligent beings and are capable of more than feeling "blood lust"

The ultimate pred to me, would be one who is first a hunter. I'd like to see him stalk everything from men and xenos to other preds. I like a pred that can also employ some psychological terror too! I like to see preds **** with men's minds, I like a pred that's hard, one a man can't get all buddy, buddy with despite the man saving the pred's life, and last but not least, Yeah! I like a pred that will happily engage in "leg humping" as some here like to refer to it as.
~Estelle

"" Scar skipping hand in hand with Lexx all over the Antarctic. """
What's so bad or wrong about that!!!^^^

But seriously I see what you are saying. It is good to see a pred on screen that's a bad ass. One that makes you feel uneasy when you picture yourself in the role of the characters on film. But at the same time I think it's neat to see preds express depth or a complexity of character. Preds are just like us. They feel, they think.. Hell, they're individuals, some are outside the "norm" while others are well in..Some are freaks! You get what I'm saying? They're not "animals" but complex, sentient, intelligent beings and are capable of more than feeling "blood lust"

The ultimate pred to me, would be one who is first a hunter. I'd like to see him stalk everything from men and xenos to other preds. I like a pred that can also employ some psychological terror too! I like to see preds **** with men's minds, I like a pred that's hard, one a man can't get all buddy, buddy with despite the man saving the pred's life, and last but not least, Yeah! I like a pred that will happily engage in "leg humping" as some here like to refer to it as.
~Estelle

You should read South China Sea. It has all of that and more. You can buy it online here, although I just picked mine up from Borders. South China Sea

prov4lg.jpg.png

Got It! First pred novel I read..besides the monette novel
~Estelle

I've read them all (and the AVP stuff) and I think that you read the best one first :eek: I was diggin when the Pred set the human's security cameras up to show themselves and the inside of his ship on all of their monitors. Talk about a mind ****.

I've read them all (and the AVP stuff) and I think that you read the best one first :eek: I was diggin when the Pred set the human's security cameras up to show themselves and the inside of his ship on all of their monitors. Talk about a mind ****.
LOL.. yeah he was something else I tell you. Freaking brilliant!
~Estelle

P2 giving that female detective a free ultra-sound scan then letting her go.

I think the preds can follow a code of honour such as the statement above and still be big meanies, they live for the hunt remember, killing pregnant or unarmed pray is just not on really, makes sence that they would have rules of the hunt. I agree with Scar though, i think i actually shouted at the tv during the part he teamed up with Lex, and thats a rare thing for me. Also, im not sure i would describe Wolfie as nice?!?

All right guys.. maybe it's because you are guys and I'm a gal. But I don't see what's the big issue with scar and lex???... I mean do you hate it because it subtly implies Humanality ?( the act of an alien having sex with a human) Preds probably have been doing that **** for eons. They're aliens and don't hold the same morals as we do. Or is it so bad because it wrecks the image you guys have of the preds? Why is it stupid or lame, or sucks as you would say??
~Estelle

Nobody mentioned sex ;)

...but I agree. The occasional hook up of a Pred with a human is cool, and it has only happened when the human has PROVEN themselves to be a worthy adversary and extraordinary hunter in their own right. Lex and Scar FTW. :eek:

No..nobody mentioned "it"..But the implications are there. And there has to be something most guys find soooo disgusting about scar and lex. Hmmm, as far as someone needing to prove themselves, I wouldn't say that's necessarily so.. I think the pred just needs to be in the mood..were talking about a quick romp in the jungle here, not marriage. Hehehe
~Estelle

All right guys.. maybe it's because you are guys and I'm a gal. But I don't see what's the big issue with scar and lex???... I mean do you hate it because it subtly implies Humanality ?( the act of an alien having sex with a human) Preds probably have been doing that **** for eons. They're aliens and don't hold the same morals as we do. Or is it so bad because it wrecks the image you guys have of the preds? Why is it stupid or lame, or sucks as you would say??
~Estelle

Or maybe its because they are jealous, because the preds steal their women? ;) lol ok joke aside :eek:

I too fail to see the point here as to why so many guys whine non stop about something as stupid as this.

The predators are highly complex sentient beings. They are not ONLY bloodthirsty braindead animals. They KNOW how to feel. They KNOW how to love and hate. They HAVE sexual needs just like us.

Not two predators are alike just like not two humans are alike. Some humans don't give a f.... crap about animals while others fight for their causes (look at PETA and the vegans).
Why cant predators be the same?

Scar was just curious and he was honorable. Lex was unarmed, she was a female and she DID give him back his weapon. He had no reason to kill her. Furthermore this was NOT a soft meat hunt but indeed a hard meat hunt, so his intentions were never to hunt humans anyways.

Wolf's intentions were to preserve the human race so that the soft meat hunts would not become history. We humans fight to save the orangutans too even though others hunt them for sport and medicine.

Point is still. Preds are highly complex and advanced sentient beings. Their brains do work farther than to the feeling of bloodlust.

But either way, stop the whining and move on! XD

[quote name='N'ritja' post='219919' date='Jul 20 2010, 12:54 AM']Or maybe its because they are jealous, because the preds steal their women? ;) lol ok joke aside :eek:

I too fail to see the point here as to why so many guys whine non stop about something as stupid as this.

The predators are highly complex sentient beings. They are not ONLY bloodthirsty braindead animals. They KNOW how to feel. They KNOW how to love and hate. They HAVE sexual needs just like us.

Not two predators are alike just like not two humans are alike. Some humans don't give a f.... crap about animals while others fight for their causes (look at PETA and the vegans).
Why cant predators be the same?

Scar was just curious and he was honorable. Lex was unarmed, she was a female and she DID give him back his weapon. He had no reason to kill her. Furthermore this was NOT a soft meat hunt but indeed a hard meat hunt, so his intentions were never to hunt humans anyways.

Wolf's intentions were to preserve the human race so that the soft meat hunts would not become history. We humans fight to save the orangutans too even though others hunt them for sport and medicine.

Point is still. Preds are highly complex and advanced sentient beings. Their brains do work farther than to the feeling of bloodlust.

But either way, stop the whining and move on! XD[/quote]

...true, maybe he (scar) did genuinely care for humans, no lovey dovey feelings for lex involved. But, I see it as you do, preds are individuals, there'll be some whose actions you can stomach and other's whose actions you can't.
~Estelle

I think some people here are reading too much into what they think is predator society and persona. Can we quit trying to explain everything?

I think some people here are reading too much into what they think is predator society and persona. Can we quit trying to explain everything?

Cheers to that. Not knowing nor understanding is what keeps the mystery and the draw for me. I dont understand why everything has or needs to be explained.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back