Ninth Gate - Dean Corso clothes?

VilleLeskinen

Sr Member
Has anyone ever tried doing Dean Corso (okay that sounds dirty but you guys know what I mean...:lol)? I know the bag was identified but what about the clothes and glasses? Any help will be much appreciated!

Edit: I guess I could have been more specific. I'm looking for this outfit. That tie specifically.

Last edited:
The glasses are the same ones worn by Indiana Jones in the first three movies. They're made by Algha in England and sold under the Savile Row brand. Specifically Corso's look to be the Panto in chestnut with half covered cable(curly) temples. I'd guess the base metal is gold although they also come in rhodium(silver). Size would depend on what you need.

Here are pics of my two pairs. I have the gold with blonde tortoise in size 47 and rhodium with chestnut tortoise in size 45.

IMG_3199.jpg

I don't know anything about the availability in Finland but I'd bet you could order straight from Algha as many have. Peter at Algha is great to deal with.

Savile Row collection of spectacle and glasses frames from Algha, vintage frames , elegant frames in a traditional style

I want to say they were around $275 each, but they could have been a little more or less. Keep in mind these are 14K gold filled frames made to last decades and to be repairable.

They(at least Berkshire Chase, their distributor in the US) have a less expensive line that run around $150 or so, but they're not as nice in my opinion. I'm not sure if the lower end line is manufactured by Algha or not. When I ordered my last pair, the chestnut/rhodium they came in with the cheaper temples but the 14K frame because they didn't normally stock the color I ordered. As you can imagine I was pretty ticked off. They replaced them without issue but if I hadn't noticed, I'm sure they wouldn't have shared the info voluntarily. Honestly at this point I'd order straight from Algha as they will sell to individuals. Just shoot them an email.

Here's a couple of pics of my gold frame against the cheaper temple. See how the acetate isn't nearly as nicely finished and the metal isn't as thick?

IMG_3166.jpg

IMG_3162.jpg

IMG_3167.jpg

One of these days I'm going to put an entire outfit together. I've used some of my props already in presentations (the MK falcon for a vintage pulp fiction presentation), this would make a great get up.

Does anyone know what size Johnny Depp used in the movie? I know they come in 43mm and 45mm eye size. What size did he wear? Im guessing it was 43 but i'm not sure. As a fun aside, I'm pretty sure that I've seen at least 3 people in the X-files use those glasses, one of which is Walter Skinner.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back