Ninjetti Ranger

The Portugeek

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I had always wanted to do a Power Ranger cosplay but which one?? I finally came to the conclusion that I should make my own, I wasn't to confident sewing with lycra or spandex so I decided on a Ninjetti!

Obviously your can't be a solo ranger! So My wife jumped in with me and I tracked down a few friends to morph with us. I even managed to convince a friend to build a scorpina costume lol since we already knew a Rita.
Once we decided on who was going to be which ranger I got Red, the mighty Ape! My wife yellow, the fierce Bear!
l_c3d233c7c8e946259e7ccaedbb0923a4.jpg
I didn't really know where to start with this so I jumped in with the pants and shirt... both very basic so I didn't get pictures of them when I finished sewing them. I then didn't have enough fabric to work on the tunic so I worked on smaller pieces with some scraps, both arm cuffs and both leg cuffs.
After looking on google at many many other ninjetti costumes I decided that I didn't just want the flat diamond patches that seem to be common. So I decided to sculpt them myself... I did one of each size that I needed, which obviously became quite the tedious task when I realised i needed to cast over 100 of the tiny ones for all 6 rangers. I cast them out of smooth cast 300, until i ran out at least. The remainder I had to use onyx.
gems.jpggems 2.jpg
Cleaned them up and brushed on some gold paint for the edges and tada!!! Glued them onto the bracers and cuffs. I made the bracers and cuffs just using a thick interfacing under the fabric to hold some shape. Posted this picture on IG and was pretty pumped that the Red Ninjetti Ranger himself liked it :)
14333802_1261747517203161_210772604012023710_n.jpgsteve.jpg
I finally ran to get some more fabric so I started on the tabard! Sewing on the trim was quite the task!
trim.jpgtrim 2.jpg
Once both sets of trim were sewn on I had to see where I wanted the chest coin to attach. :)
tabard.jpg
Just as I finished the tabard our boots arrived!! Fit perfectly but not too comfortable for 8 hour's of convention walking LOL.
boots2.jpg
Decided to have the other rangers over for a craft session.... Remember I only made the red and yellow... My wife did help ;)
colors.jpg
The convention arrived and we met up. The other rangers weren't finished yet but Scorpina looked great. We also got a picture taken with the Yellow Ninjetti Ranger!

group.jpg14556558_1282019935175919_191499237193815139_o.jpg
Ran into a few other rangers too!
14589678_1282020878509158_3111379970618816681_o.jpgrangers2.jpg
Super fun build and really built up my sewing skills! One of these days I'll tackle the spandex!!

I love this concept :ninja always been a fan of Ninjitsu,the stories and myths surrounding ninjas.
Congratulations on the successful build and meeting ! I like the fact that you were able to get others excited to join you in this theme.The costumes turned out great,in my personal opinion even better than the regular Power Rangers :thumbsup

Thanks! :)
I love this concept :ninja always been a fan of Ninjitsu,the stories and myths surrounding ninjas.
Congratulations on the successful build and meeting ! I like the fact that you were able to get others excited to join you in this theme.The costumes turned out great,in my personal opinion even better than the regular Power Rangers :thumbsup

This is so cool! Do you have a pattern or any other information that you wouldn't mind sharing? Im wanting to make a Blue, White, and Pink, but I am not happy with the premade costumes you see all over the place. I love how you and your wife's costumes look.

So I had always wanted to do a Power Ranger cosplay but which one?? I finally came to the conclusion that I should make my own, I wasn't to confident sewing with lycra or spandex so I decided on a Ninjetti!

Obviously your can't be a solo ranger! So My wife jumped in with me and I tracked down a few friends to morph with us. I even managed to convince a friend to build a scorpina costume lol since we already knew a Rita.
Once we decided on who was going to be which ranger I got Red, the mighty Ape! My wife yellow, the fierce Bear!
View attachment 695472
I didn't really know where to start with this so I jumped in with the pants and shirt... both very basic so I didn't get pictures of them when I finished sewing them. I then didn't have enough fabric to work on the tunic so I worked on smaller pieces with some scraps, both arm cuffs and both leg cuffs.
After looking on google at many many other ninjetti costumes I decided that I didn't just want the flat diamond patches that seem to be common. So I decided to sculpt them myself... I did one of each size that I needed, which obviously became quite the tedious task when I realised i needed to cast over 100 of the tiny ones for all 6 rangers. I cast them out of smooth cast 300, until i ran out at least. The remainder I had to use onyx.
View attachment 695475View attachment 695477
These turned out great! Good work. What did you use as a mold for the diamonds to pour the cast 300 into?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back