Nike Mags by Rephot Upgraded Version

I'd be interested to see these as well. The later versions of these shoes got worse, not better, so images would help me understand what they are having issues with.

enjoy! :popcorn

airairmagsamples_zpse7qgyom0.jpg

Last edited:
I'd be happy if for the upper with no lace bumps, no moon shoe toe box and no branding

The mid sole no branding.

And then everything else in kit form ie upper mid Sole and sole not glued together with no electronics I'd be very happy

Last edited:
enjoy! :popcorn

It is a shame they made the part in front of the cuff to long, because even with the sewn pull holes. the shoe looks pretty good. Toe shape is quite nice and height is good.

In the 3rd shot, it looks like they moved the seam from being slightly too far forward to being way too far back.

attachment.php

It would be awesome if they could just trim back the collar.

As it stands now, it is 200% better than a HC and if these came out at $100, I'd buy a few pairs.

Overall airair, you have done well to get it this far.

Attachments

• airairmagsamples_zpse7qgyom0.jpg
    airairmagsamples_zpse7qgyom0.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,122
Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I think this can be worked out. Making something shorter and moving a seam line seems easy enough to explain. And as MrSouthPaw pointed out new seam lines have appeared that should be removed. The very top of the upper needs to be at more of an angle as well but but that's all I can see wrong with it.

Last edited:
Do you guys actually think these factories give a crap about accuracy???? I mean really? Are you truly holding out for a better version than what we got on the V2's? If so, then just quit now and make your own...IT WONT'T HAPPEN. IT WON'T HAPPEN and let me reiterated....IT WON'T HAPPEN. get it through your thick skulls that no matter how many emails, how many and how much people will pay for an accurate pair, these factories employ people who work for PENNIES A DAY!!! Do you understand that? Do you? You guys are making it out like they can and will make 90% accurate shoes because they have made 99% Jordan's. Think again. THEY DON'T CARE!!! Ugh, this is getting so tiresome watching people try to get these factories to make these. Just stop! You look like morons.

I'm not sure why you are so upset. Nothing in the world gets better if you just say eh **** it I give up. That is a bad attitude to have.

I'm not sure why you are so upset. Nothing in the world gets better if you just say eh **** it I give up. That is a bad attitude to have.

I'm not upset but you guys are wasting your time. It's just inane to do this over and over and over again. Seriously this is just not worth it.

I'm not upset but you guys are wasting your time. It's just inane to do this over and over and over again. Seriously this is just not worth it.

Quite frankly I would be OK with the pair airair just showed us if just the collar piece was shortened and the seam lines were good. The overall shape then would be much better than the V2. Paint the soles a lighter grey and apply the splatter, install Cavx's clear soles and use cloneprops buckle with the custom electronics and it would be a great replica.

@cavx

There also appears to be a new seam on the outside of the shoe in front of the LED cluster.

First pic.

Is it a seam of where the foam joins for the laces under the fabric?

Quite frankly I would be OK with the pair airair just showed us if just the collar piece was shortened and the seam lines were good. The overall shape then would be much better than the V2. Paint the soles a lighter grey and apply the splatter, install Cavx's clear soles and use cloneprops buckle with the custom electronics and it would be a great replica.

And add a SWOOSH :)

I have to agree with MitasTouch. If they can fix the front of the collar, this has good potential. I don't like the shape of the HC unbranded heel cup, something just looks wrong with the wings or the angle, not sure. I would be replacing them with the ones I am working on anyway along with the soles. The rest of the shoe looks pretty solid. I think for a base, it is very good start.
airair do you actually have this shoe in your possession or did they just send you images?

And having been to China, no, they don't earn much. When I was over there in 2009, I lived really well on less $500AUD for 10 days. It is cheap in China, yet the Chinese have to pay some pretty high prices for their own stuff.

Do they care about the quality of what they make? Yeah I think they do, just what is being asked for here is probably not proportional to the amount being asked to do it. There is a lot if work in doing these shoes correctly. As I said earlier, aim for 150% and you might get 95% and these shoes as they are, are pretty close to what we want.

If they can provide a sample with the corrections we have spoke about here, then I think an EOI thread is in order to make this happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a "mirror" of the seam you mentioned as being too far back. I'm okay with it, but would prefer no seam if they can do it.

I agree with others, that collar-tab looks funky.

I think your right about that. One of the things that makes a MAG so cool is there are no visible seams on the outside of the shoe. It looks like they have made the shoe as a front section and 2 rear sections. This is incorrect. If the rear part was a single piece, it would not have the curves up the back it has. The MAG should be made with 2 parts - the outer part that starts at the back seam and extends around the toe and finishes at the inner seam. The inner part that joins up from the back seam and inner seam.

I don't mind that they added velcro to the collar like the V2 and HC. It does look like they fixed that separate top section of the other shoes but then again the strap might be hiding that.

The more I look at it, the more the cuff looks pointy and square instead of being rounded on the tips.

I really would like to see some hi-rez close ups of different parts.

Last edited:
@cavx

I actually rely on the velcro when I use external power. It lets me set the strap up in such a way that the buckle floats about 1/2 inch off the back of the shoe. That gives me room to run external connectors to the shoe wiring and it doesn't get crushed or stressed by pressure.

And speaking of connectors. That's one thing HC got right. Exchanging the heat-shrink on the USB and power button for actual plastic housings.

@cavx

I actually rely on the velcro when I use external power.

I have been using the velcro since adding a vinyl tongue that the hook side does not stick too. Initially I covered the hook side so it would not stick to the stretchy tongue. Now that sticking is not an issue, I found it is better to tighten the strap first, then thread the tail through the buckle.

It would be great if they also made the collar with the fake leather material instead of going the way the HCs are with cloth.

It would be great if they also made the collar with the fake leather material instead of going the way the HCs are with cloth.

I thought airair had specified that both the tongue and cuff is made from the same stuff - being the thin white vinyl material.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back