Nightmare on Elm Street STA AWAKE prop replica

ob1al

Sr Member
I'm hoping that someone here with a talent for graphics will be able to recreate this STA AWAKE pill bottle label (from the original Nightmare on Elm Street) as a paper prop:

stayawakepillbottlemoviestill2.jpg

For those with Freddy gloves / NOES displays I thought it would make a nice little addition. :)

Also, can anyone identify the plastic bottle used?

Thanks

Alan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Imperialknight @ May 7 2006, 07:07 PM) [snapback]1240014[/snapback]</div>
The Bottle looks like a Tylenol Bottle.
[/b]

Wow, that was fast. :D

I don't think we have that here in the UK, but I found this image:

jmdicarltylenolsmall4hr.jpg

Just made this. The text for the word "AWAKE" was a bit off but i think it looks ok. I'm sure someone could do a bit better if they found the correct text. I measured a tylenol bottle and it should be the right size when printed out. I just did the part i could see in your refrence shot, so if anyone knows of anything on the other side post another screen cap. Also if you look down to the left of the word "FAST" there looks to be something else written but i couldnt make it out. Hope this works for ya.

-Zach
staawake.jpg

Can someone with the DVD to hand post a couple of extra screengrabs?

Perhaps there is a capture which will allow us to decipher the small text, plus resolve the acting / action question.

That's a great prop idea. I've been seriously looking at doing some Hypnocyl (the ficticious anti-dream medicine). These are nice, easy props to do. :)

Hypnocil. Good idea - was it ever seen on screen?

And how about those extra screencaps on the STA AWAKE? Can anyone oblige?

Briefly in part 3. Nancy drops her purse and the hypnocil bottle falls out (how convienient.). And it was a major part of Freddy vs. Jason, but I dont think we ever really see it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(creamedgeezer @ May 8 2006, 06:50 PM) [snapback]1240628[/snapback]</div>
Briefly in part 3. Nancy drops her purse and the hypnocil bottle falls out (how convienient.). And it was a major part of Freddy vs. Jason, but I dont think we ever really see it.
[/b]

Oh yeah, I remember that scene in part 3, now you mention it. Something about it being 'experimental'. :p

Great work.

Now, we really need those extra screengrabs to confirm the ACTING / ACTION question, and what DOES that small text say?

I wish I had a copy of NOES on DVD - I only have a VHS copy so can't get screengrabs unfortunately.

I think I'll pick up a copy on DVD anyway, so at worst I'll have some better grabs up in a few days from now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ob1al @ May 8 2006, 02:36 PM) [snapback]1240816[/snapback]</div>
Perfect - thanks for those.

Anyone care to take a stab at deciphering the small text?
[/b]

I zoomed in on it and changed the brightness/contrast to no end and cant read any of the small text. Best solution would probably be to read some warnings of other medicine and make something up to put there. Just a thought. Anyone else? any other ideas?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ob1al @ May 8 2006, 02:36 PM) [snapback]1240816[/snapback]</div>
Anyone care to take a stab at deciphering the small text?
[/b]
I watched the movie, and can't make anything out in that. I manipulated the photos already posted, and can't really make anything out in those, either. You can see that it's two words, all lowercase letters, except for what appear to be a dotted 'j' or 'i', and a 'p', 'g', or 'q' as the first letter of the second word. We might be able to guess what it might say. In the end, if we can't figure it out for sure, nobody else can on the prop, either. ;)

Maybe looking at some other (real) pill bottles may reveal some likely words.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ob1al @ May 9 2006, 10:06 AM) [snapback]1241103[/snapback]</div>
Indydoc over on TPZ has also suggested 'non drowsy' [/b]
'Non' is too short. Needs to be a longer word. But, like I said, it could be anything, since nobody can prove it wrong. ;)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back