Nightmare on Elm Street STA AWAKE prop replica

Ok, I added that paragraph... but its unreadable. I just cant make it small enough without sacrificing text quality. I guess it doesnt matter since its jibberish anyways. looks pretty good.

lemme know what ya think.

PS: if anyone wants to try to improve on mine that has a way of making the text readable go right ahead.

<div class='quotetop'>(DarthCalibar @ May 17 2006, 05:54 PM) [snapback]1245704[/snapback]</div>
Cough*bump*Cough
[/b]

Great work mate - I'm looking forward to printing one out ant trying it on a bottle. Thankfully, I should be having a bottle shipped to me soon so I'll post some pics when it arrives. :D

Now, how about that Hypnocil label...? ;)

Unfortunately, its in shot so fleetingly that this is the best I could get:

hypmocil4ci.jpg

As far as I recall, its not featured anywhere else in the movie, so unless production images of the prop exist elsewhere our refer3ence material is rather limited. I'll see if I can capture it from a slightly different frame to see if any of the hidden text shows up at all.

Here's what we can see so far, with portions of the text missing or very difficult to read:

Valley Drugs

58797 ...............

Nancy Thompson

1 or 2 for ..................

HYPNOCIL E............

.... Date 5/89 4/3/89

CAUTION.....CAN...............................................

Ok, just got done with this (for now). Lemme know what you think.

still dont know what else to add to it for the parts unseen on the other side.

<div class='quotetop'>(DarthCalibar @ May 20 2006, 01:39 AM) [snapback]1247204[/snapback]</div>
Ok, just got done with this (for now). Lemme know what you think.

still dont know what else to add to it for the parts unseen on the other side.
[/b]

That's great - thanks. :D :thumbsup

Do you think there needs to something on the reverse?

I dont really think it needs anything else except the one line that isnt finished

1 or 2 for......?

When left like that it doesnt make any sense. If anyone has any suggestions? maybe 1 or 2 for 24 Hrs. ?
Like you said, theres no getting a better screen cap, so we just need to think up something to finish that one line.

Here's an extra screencap:

pdvd2256oe.jpg

After the word HYPNOCIL I think it says 60 mg

It almost looks like 1 or 2 for 3..........hours? Days? :confused

Then again, itc ould be an 'S' - 1 or 2 for sleep ??

I think it says 'sl' so most likely something about sleep.

Also, in the lefthand corner it looks like it says 'Exp. Date' not 'Use by Date'.

<div class='quotetop'>(Feezle-Nuts @ May 20 2006, 02:33 PM) [snapback]1247429[/snapback]</div>
I think it says 'sl' so most likely something about sleep.

Also, in the lefthand corner it looks like it says 'Exp. Date' not 'Use by Date'.
[/b]

I agree - it does look like Exp. Date.

After the 58797, what's does it say next? It looks almost handwritten - does it say Dr. as in Doctor someone-or-other.......?

EDIT:

Ah, wait a second - I think it actually says Dream.

<div class='quotetop'>(Feezle-Nuts @ May 21 2006, 05:41 PM) [snapback]1247978[/snapback]</div>
It looks like 'Dr' in the same font as Drug at the top, then probably the doctor's name.
[/b]

How about Dr. Englund? ;)

Ok, the exp. date will be easy to fix. Now about the DR. thing and the 1 or 2 for ..... thing.

Dont want to change the label til I can fix everything at once.

anything else anyone want to comment on?

PS: sorry for not getting to you the last couple days. I had a cold and have been doing not much besides sleeping :(

<div class='quotetop'>(DarthCalibar @ May 21 2006, 03:36 PM) [snapback]1248097[/snapback]</div>
PS: sorry for not getting to you the last couple days. I had a cold and have been doing not much besides sleeping :(
[/b]

Should have popped a few pills to help you stay awake ;)

I think the "gobbledy-gook" text should be printed to the left of the logo on the label. Theres no seem there in the screengrabs.

Actually, I looked again and it look the same on the otherside, too. So...nevermind me. :confused

I just realized the date on the Hypnocil bottle being 5/89? Was there a reason the movie was set in the future compared to when it was made? That grab is from Part 1, right?

Hey, those look great.

Did I miss where the new artwork was posted? Was it posted?

Rylo

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back