Nightmare Fredbear

fallimar

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been watching playthroughs of FNaF on youtube - I've got anxiety so I can't play it myself but I love the series and all the fan theories and stuff. So much fun! I want to do a quick build of Nightmare Fredbear (character reference here) since I can concievably fit into his silhouette and I've been wanting a less cute costume for a while, so here we go!
To start off, here's a basic proportion sketch.

FredbearProportionsDerp.jpg
The arms are off since mine were too close to my body when I had the photo taken, but it kinds works, and I can adjust once I'm building. Need to enlarge the head a bit more too.

I've not done a heap yet, though I have put his eyes together, my first little foray into LEDs since school. I'd forgotten everything but thanks to help from a couple of lovely members of my local cosplay community I managed to whack together a couple of these, which I have named the Spiderweb Doom Circuits, AKA Fredbear's eyes.
EyeWiring.jpgEyeLights.jpgEyeDiffused.jpg
Back, front and diffused. They're built inside little plastic shot glasses with the LEDs set in with epoxy putty.

I'm currently casting heaps of teeth because the costume demands a bucketload of the things, so I sculpted one, made a silicone mould, cast heaps, sanded down and filled the best six and made a box mould of them. I'm not getting many really good casts but with the number of teeth I need I'm more focused on repairing the ones I have than casting them all perfect!

Pile O' Teefs:
PileOTeeth.jpg

The rest of the costume is being built on a plain black bodysuit using EVA foam with spray rubber coating. Not sure what kind of finish I'll go for, probably just add some texture and lay the peel coat spray on heavy so it creates more imperfections. After it's all slashed up and has holes in of course. This guy will be an exercise for me in letting go of my annoying perfectionism a bit and letting it be ragged. Learning experience!

For the head, I'll have the bottom jaw resting on my shoulders and have the mouth open using my head movement. I want the jaw area to be quite rigid, I'll probably use thermoplastic for the "metal" parts. I want to have the inner jaw be visible when I open the "mouth" by tilting my head back and the inner jaw will be under my chin, so double creepy factor!

Wish me luck, eh?

Last edited:
I started on this myself, I have 29 of the estimated 97 teeth needed. This includes the inside row of teeth. I am mostly done with the head was well.

I started on this myself, I have 29 of the estimated 97 teeth needed. This includes the inside row of teeth. I am mostly done with the head was well.

Oh, sweet! I just finished cleaning up my first batch of teeth, took a lot of apoxie sculpt and sanding to clean up all the bubbles and missing tips but they look pretty darn good now, yay!

I'd love to see - are you doing a build thread too?

I was thinking of doing a build thread after I finished.
Here is what I have so far-
0827150011-00.jpg
This is with 13 of the 29 upper teeth. I am in the process of skinning it in a thin foam then I will cover that in some goldenrod color felt. The "gums" are heat formed "foamie" craft foam that I got in a big sheet.
This was made from an existing fan made 3d model of Freddy Fazbear. I pepakuraed it and altered it accordingly, Mostly sizing and altered the nose with some apoxie sculpt.

Oh, sweet! I just finished cleaning up my first batch of teeth, took a lot of apoxie sculpt and sanding to clean up all the bubbles and missing tips but they look pretty darn good now, yay!

I'd love to see - are you doing a build thread too?

0815151648-00.jpg

Here is the start of my build on the hands. Each finger is around 12 inches in length

Here is the start of my build on the hands. Each finger is around 12 inches in length

Dang, those are nice! I'm freehanding it myself, need to to avoid looking too out of proportion. Love what you've done so far, I've got that plastic hose to use too, I want to put some in as the visible "joints" in his arms and legs where it's all cut up and ragged. :D

I'm SO happy I stumbled over your build here.
Finally someone who tackles that project :) I really does look more than promising!

I'm making a new set of eyes that look less like they were forged in the dreams of a demented borg spider. I'm using 10mm bright red LEDs now, just one for each eye and I've made the eyes smaller. Small eyes are creepier, I think. The new little containers also have the advantage of already having little frosted plastic lids, so all I have to do with them now is paint on the little black and white circles they have in the centre. I also sanded the tops of the LEDs a bit to diffuse them even more, it works a treat.

New improved eyes!
NewEyes3.jpgNewEyes2.jpgNewEyes1.jpg

As seen in ref:
maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah, smaller eyes with the little circles and a whole lotta black around them. I'll probably make thermoplastic mounts over the EVA foam helmet base and cover them in worbla/craftiflex. It'll be textured already so all I'll need to do is paint it black, maybe even see if I can do a top coat in a crackle effect to make it look all old and wrong.

I also played with a mini computer fan, running it off a 9V battery. Since it's only tiny it only draws 0.75 watts so the battery should last a bit longer than it would otherwise. Not overly noisy, and I think if I can rig up a couple of them inside Fredbear it'll provide not only a cooling breeze but also give a creepy animatronic hum.

Here's my little fan setup - nice and easy.
Minifan.jpg

As for the rest of the body, I'm currently making patterns for the EVA foam body pod, I've gotten the giant foam nappy (or diaper if you're one of those US folks) pattern done and I'll match it up with its upper tummy tank top when I next have time. I've gotten the bodysuit to attach it all to, can't wait to start covering that thing in wires and cables and all sorts of electronic greeblies.

I still need to learn a bit about wring up lights. I dont know if I will need fans, but I guess it cant hurt. I do like the idea of the electronic hum that it will give off. Here is one of the eyes that I made that I will be casting it hollow. 0905151857-00.jpg 0906152039-00.jpg

I got the shaping for many reference pics from all the animatronics. I am hoping with it cast hollow that I can run some wring through it and have LEDs installed. They are a little over 2 inches wide.

looking great! I downloaded the first game via Steam and played it for a total of 20 minutes before saying NOPE and never playing it again. great game, lots of fun, but I fear that if my lady friend hears me scream like a little girl one more time, she might leave me.

looking great! I downloaded the first game via Steam and played it for a total of 20 minutes before saying NOPE and never playing it again. great game, lots of fun, but I fear that if my lady friend hears me scream like a little girl one more time, she might leave me.

I dunno, I like to be the ladyfriend of folks who know how to have a good scream :p
Yeah, I can't play them myself either, severe anxiety, but I love watching playthroughs!

~~~

Right now I'm working on the teeth, I've painted up my first batch and now I'm playing with some worbla to try and get the gum area going.
The eyes are working great now, I put on the dots in the middle and then used a clear glaze so they've got a really creepy shine to them even when unlit.

EyesTeeth.jpg

Nice work... anyone have anything for foxy? Nephew just hit me up asking for one.

I wish I could help you out but I do all my work from scratch - looks like wisemonk5421 is using some kind of files though, might want to ask them if there's a foxy floating around :)
The only pep files I've seen for FNAF characters so far are little mini boxy looking model ones, but you might have more luck asking in the big "where can I find" pep thread that's floating around here. Good luck!

Hmm, good idea I had thought of actually staining them by dipping them into a dye bath. I will have to do a couple trial pieces and see what looks good. I may go your route though.

Miniature paints actually, I find they go better over plastics and don't get as textured.

Hmm, good idea I had thought of actually staining them by dipping them into a dye bath. I will have to do a couple trial pieces and see what looks good. I may go your route though.

Dye would look cool! I just went with what I had, really. Makes things quick :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back