nightmare four soul pizza movie mould finished pics!

frosty

Sr Member
Well i managed to get a resin casting from the nightmare on elm street soul pizza on one of the other boards i visit, it was a bit brittle and not really suitable for display, so i decided to cast it and produce a cold foam version for display, which would also be closer to the original foam latex prop.
For those not familiar with this prop, in nightmare four freddy taunts alice with a pizza containing the trapped souls of her friends, on the pizza instead of meatballs there are little screaming heads, freddy plops one out on his glove blade and eats it, pretty neat stuff, well i thought so the first time i saw it years ago..
First things first heres the pizza as i received it
443bdc936c6f8.jpg

With one of my fred gloves for scale
I decided the only way i could really do what i wanted was to do a silicone mould, and then pour melted plastilene into it, leave it an hour or so and then peel it off, clean it up and then cast it again in plaster, so thats what i did
Heres the silicone mould with a plaster mother mould for support
444e90afa2258.jpg

I melted up the plastilene and poured it in, looks kinda like chocolate frosting(or icing to us brits)
444e975fc2649.jpg

heres the clay version i cleaned it up and cast it in plaster
444e906d280ea.jpg

And heres the finished plaster mould, i need to cut keys and make a plaster plate to cover the open bottom, drill a few escape holes for the foam and air to escape and then its on to the fun stuff painting..
4454d28550709.jpg

I remember the scene in the movie but I can't remember if there are heads on the pizza apart from the one he takes off. I can't see them on this piece.

Yeah it is hard to see them but they are on there
Heres a shot of the white resin cast i got out the silicone mould, a closeup of one of the heads
444e97d710309.jpg

and one of the movie prop
441c94754ac88.jpg

Thanks, i made the plate to cover the base today, just waiting on an order of cold foam to arrive, should have a finished one by the end of the week.

Well i got the first one out the mould today, i filled the plaster mould with latex and left it to 'dwell' outside for a while, i then drained the mould and waited for it to dry off, then using a two part cold foam system i mixed it up poured it in and fifteen minutes later i had my first pizza out.
4458be928c2f1.jpg

4458bec708569.jpg

4458c60538069.jpg

I painted it with a pax base and used airbrushing and washes to finish it off, i also added a greeny puss look to the heads to make them stand out a bit.
Its been a fun if expensive project but i am happy with the final piece, not everyones cup of tea i know, but i just thought it was something a bit different.

H,mmm rubberry :lol
Well i repainted it as it was a bit washed out color wise
445a3edcda4c8.jpg

I will be selling a few finished casts, with a little meatball head to add to a glove,
don't think anyone on here will want one, maybe i should throw some star wars greeblies on it.might make it more popular :p

Never saw the movie .. I know .. Blashpemy.. but I LOVE that pizza, it's sick, and twisted. .. SO I just LOVE it :love :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(frosty @ May 7 2006, 08:37 AM) [snapback]1239851[/snapback]</div>
H,mmm rubberry :lol
Well i repainted it as it was a bit washed out color wise
445a3edcda4c8.jpg

I will be selling a few finished casts, with a little meatball head to add to a glove,
don't think anyone on here will want one, maybe i should throw some star wars greeblies on it.might make it more popular :p
[/b]
Yummy. I love Meatball Heads. :D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back