Night vision in a Bio?

AncientHunter

I recently saw something on instructables.com where someone took apart one of the video glasses and hooked them to a camera and infrared camera, allowing him to see in normal light and dark. I was wondering if anyone here on the lair has attemepted to put that concept in a bio? .

Happy Hunting!
...AncientHunter...

Would be too hard. Im sure it possible but i dont think it would look so pretty and most likely would be very expensive.
I would want to see one as well but i rather see a reguler thermel vision on a bio.

I've considered it.
I was lucky enough to find the Lever 3 manuals on both my Sonys. They're big cameras that were great when they were new. On the F707 the view finder is LCD(with focus) as well as the display on the back. The camera separates into two major components but connected by a very special flat cable. If I can extend it then I'd be in bussiness. The lense portion can be set up as a cannon, its that big, maybe too big. Then the back half of the main body would mount to the inside of the bio and fitted onto my half mask. The view finder will focus for a comfortable viewing. I put that thought on hold, it's just not that important to me right now.

Thats sounds really sweet dude, yeah i can't even begin doing this first i gotta get the really important parts of my costume done before i even consider luxuries such as night vision :D

Well my post did not go up so I'll try it again.

I'm not going to chop up my thermal imager to put it into a bio but if someone wants to donate one I'm game

Now I have seen a lot of people who have chopped these up for various other projects because it is wireless, IR and has all of the components including the little head mounted display.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WYCF5C/ref=as...ASIN=B000WYCF5C

I've seen them on sale here in there.

I was going the route of heat vision or if possible night vision. I have done some research and there are cameras that are able to view in Predator Heat vision like this image with this kind of camera. The only thing wrong with this is the fact the cheapest camera is roughly $2,000 or higher depending on the brand and model #
IRC40_200.jpg

IRC40_200.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Infrared seems realistic. When I had my camera apart I had only the small flat 8 conductor ribbon that I would need to extend to separate the body and the lense sections. I wanted to take a picture of it but I realized I just took apart my camera .

OK, I just didn't take a picture. It's my old camera. Sony has some pretty good infrared. I'm worried if I cut it and can't solder to it because of how fragile it is I'm hosed. But... I have the part number of the cable if I mess it up... and it's an old camera.

Seems plausable.

IR is the way to go if you just wanna see in the dark. For night vision you need a camera behind the intensifier tube to use for video. And yeah thermal is very expensive. The cheaper one at 2k have limited "sight" distance and low resolution. Mine was 15K new but I got a hook up from my buddy on a "demo" unit from his company who builds them for military contracts. I have it in a rather awkward housing but it does what it is supposed to do.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back