Night Sky - Amazon Prime

renaissance_man

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just finished watching the last episode after spacing the series out to enjoy it a bit more slowly.
Some great themes on humanity, family and relationships in a very real way set against a sci-fi concept.
Sissy Spacek and J.K. Simmons are superb and anchor the show in a great way, support from the other actors are equally interesting.
I really hope this gets a second series.

Go in cold without reading anything and hopefully you'll enjoy this 8 episode gem of a series.

zapwizard

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I finished the first season. It is a slow-burn type show, where things take a while to unfold. Sometimes your not sure your still watching a sci-fi show (which is just fine). The characters are all interesting and written in a quite realistic way. Even some of the supporting characters get more depth than you would expect. I do hope we get to see where this all goes with more seasons.

renaissance_man

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm still watching it, but I hope they get to the point of the story soon.
This isn't a wham bam thank you mam kind of story and I love that about the series.
I like that Amazon has made this series about an often neglected area of society, the older generation. I think there should be more series with older actors as the leads. Both Sissy and JK are fantastic.
I think the series was conceived with a multi series arc.
Stick with it. I hope you find it enjoyable.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.