Nichelle Nichols RIP :(

Treadwell

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 2.22.56 PM.png

The irony. Less than an hour ago I started watching this very engaging show that’s new to Hulu: “Who Do You Believe?” This show JUST came out. The second episode is all about her. I just happened to be watching that episode when I came on the RPF and read this. Very surreal!
It‘s no secret that I have never been her biggest fan. However, I can’t deny that without her, Star Trek would not sparkle quite as bright as it does.
Rest In Peace, Lieutenant.

She always told me she had to keep her eye on me, she had to, not only was I a fast talker but my hands were equally fast.

I was always trying to take her out, she was such a beautiful woman, and what a voice!

Sing me a lullabye Nichelle, I will always love you to the day I die!

The irony. Less than an hour ago I started watching this very engaging show that’s new to Hulu: “Who Do You Believe?” This show JUST came out. The second episode is all about her. I just happened to be watching that episode when I came on the RPF and read this. Very surreal!
It‘s no secret that I have never been her biggest fan. However, I can’t deny that without her, Star Trek would not sparkle quite as bright as it does.
Rest In Peace, Lieutenant.
Have not seen it , heard a lot about what went on, a shame about all the drama in her final years but she had dementia so who knows, if she understood what was going on

So sad Bill George, and Walter are the only ones left....

Not only an incredible talent, but such an incredibly strong human. She had a lot of weight to bear on her shoulders and she did it with class, with grace, and with style. Godspeed Nichelle.

Sad news but she did live long and prosper.

I met her twice at the 1976 Boston Star Trek con and again at the 2006 Seattle Trek Con.

In 1976 I was 16. My friend Bill and I were in the elevator at the con with a few other fan boys.
The elevator stops, the doors open and in walks Nichelle.
All of us just freeze, She says in her most sultry voice "Hello Boys".
My friend Bill recovered and asked her how she was.
She was a class act.

Rest in peace.

344j0h.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back