Nichelle Nichols Hospitalized

Dessa

Sr Member
According to a post on her facebook page (via Trek Core on twitter), she was taken to the hospital after a mild stroke, and they're doing tests to see how severe it is. George Takei has also tweeted that she was hospitalized.

Dessa

Sr Member
I got to see her in person at the anniversary gala at the Science Fiction Museum in Seattle a few years ago, and she was amazing to listen to. I've been following her on twitter since, and I've been worried that nothing's come over her feed for a while.

Jedioz

She seemed very fragile when she was in Australia earlier this year.
My dad had a small stroke 2 years ago and made a 95% recovery and can still drive so I pray its a small one.

jcoffman99

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
From the steelcitycon Facebook page.

Last night Nichelle Nichols had a mild stroke. The Steel City Con has been updated by her representative that “Nichelle is awake, eating, in good spirits and able to have full conversations.” We know many of you are excited to meet Nichelle at the upcoming show and we will continue to give you updates. In the meantime please keep Nichelle in your thoughts and prayers.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.