Nichelle Nichols Hospitalized

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Dessa

Sr Member
According to a post on her facebook page (via Trek Core on twitter), she was taken to the hospital after a mild stroke, and they're doing tests to see how severe it is. George Takei has also tweeted that she was hospitalized.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Dessa

Sr Member
I got to see her in person at the anniversary gala at the Science Fiction Museum in Seattle a few years ago, and she was amazing to listen to. I've been following her on twitter since, and I've been worried that nothing's come over her feed for a while.

Jedioz

She seemed very fragile when she was in Australia earlier this year.
My dad had a small stroke 2 years ago and made a 95% recovery and can still drive so I pray its a small one.

Goonie

Sr Member
Sending her positive thoughts. Wanted to meet her for along time but haven't had the chance to yet.

jcoffman99

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
From the steelcitycon Facebook page.

Last night Nichelle Nichols had a mild stroke. The Steel City Con has been updated by her representative that “Nichelle is awake, eating, in good spirits and able to have full conversations.” We know many of you are excited to meet Nichelle at the upcoming show and we will continue to give you updates. In the meantime please keep Nichelle in your thoughts and prayers.

Last edited by a moderator: