Nicen Jammer

dirtydave

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
First I would like to thank the Nicen team for a great kit,Mike for the great castings,& Jason for his instructions.

Almost done with the head & built/modded the armature.I'll replace some of the add on bits with real kit parts & I'm thinking of building the engine pods from kit parts,we'll see.

I have a ?,what did you guys use to bond the body together & the rein parts to the aluminum armature?

jammer I 001.JPGjammer I 002.JPGjammer I 003.JPG
jammer 012.JPGjammer 013.JPG

Thanks for looking,Dave

Thanks Jason,Aves is some good stuff.Did a little more.Cut my first Leggs:).I think it may be a little short,I didn't account for the lose from sanding/clean up.

jammer III 001.JPGjammer III 002.JPGjammer III 003.JPG

Looks great! Thats one model I wanna have! This'll be an interesting thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's a really great project to do... once you get the body/wings together, it starts looking SO cool.... and painting these is such a rush!

Coming along very nice,glad to see you use original plastic part for the engine,it'll definitely look nicer than the cast 1 once done:thumbsup

Don

Also it'll be great if you use original parts for the 8Rad part goes on the neck,let me know if you need parts as I have spare except the 8Rad.

Don

Thanks Don for your generous offer.I have all the parts except for the P51.I think I may use the cast parts from the kit since I think they where casts on the original.If I change my mind and use real parts I'll hit you up for the P51 part if you have it.

Thanks,Dave

Thanks Don.One more can.I have a ? for you guys.Is the rear thruster part made from the same L'eggs part as the front of the engine?Or is it made from the bottom part of the L'eggs?I cut one from the bottom,but I'm not sure.

jammer VI 001.JPG

Dave

Thanks Ron.I'm pretty sure there made from the bottom also,but I think Julien said you needed 4 L'eggs,so I'm not 100% sure.

Dave

I did a little more on the cans.Still have to glue the SaturnV cones in place.I cut the cones the same height as the kit ones,but looking at the ref pics now I think they are a little short?I don't think I'll redo them though.

jammer VI 001.JPGjammer VI 002.JPG

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back