Nice-N Model Design message to all Studio Scalers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been in touch with Steve recently? Been owed Dropship parts forever and he's not responding to calls or texts...

Ditto.

Is Steve still among the living???

There were no updates on the list (except what has been delegated to Mike Salzo, who is doing a fantastic job for us by the way) for ages! Last info was the TIE ships for example should be ready for shipping...

Did I miss something?

LOL! No I believe you did not miss anything. Nothing has changed. Buisness as usual for him. :behave

I would like some update myself for koolshade owed for hero tie I bought a few months back from Steve. I to have sent texts and emails and did not got any replies either.

I would like some update myself for koolshade owed for hero tie I bought a few months back from Steve. ...

Mark, wait. You were owed kits for quite a long time, experienced Steve´s business practices first hand, THEN gave him business AGAIN and now come back to this thread to complain?! Did I miss anything? How does that saying go, "Fool me once ..." ?

As someone who was actively involved in getting the back order issue resolved I simply have to :facepalm

Well when I bought it, he told me he had it and then he kept changing his story. And it should not matter, If he is still allowed to sell on here, and there is no one doing anything about, then it will not just be me owed but others. I trusted him and now this is the last time I will buy anything from steve. But If I am owed I am owed. And this comment from you really does not pertain to this thread, If so then it should read don not be fooled, don't buy from steve.

...And it should not matter, If he is still allowed to sell on here, and there is no one doing anything about,

Mark, I don´t think that since I had Steve´s Junkyard privileges removed he sold anything on here. Did you buy those parts via the "official" RPF channel, i.e. the Junkyard? Did he make any "official" announcements here on the RPF that he is selling again? IIRC not. So yes, it does matter, since actions like yours, i.e. still supporting a seller who as a lot of unfinished business here on the RPF does not help. I think I´ve written this somewhere in this here thread already. It´s a slap into the face of those who try to get this business resolved, with Dave being the one who keeps the list and had to add more or less "clueless victims" again and again. It looks like Sisiphos´ work, with the boulder not rolling downhill again by itself, but being pushed by people who then come back to this thread screaming foul.

...I trusted him and now this is the last time I will buy anything from steve. But If I am owed I am owed. And this comment from you really does not pertain to this thread, If so then it should read don not be fooled, don't buy from steve.

I do hope that you are one of the members who have permanently learned their lesson. Now let´s continue the efforts to have this cleaned up, the year nears its end ...

Well I'm still waiting on parts and a model that predate the start of this thread in 2011... We're what? Months from 2014? Steve won't resond to texts, calls, or emails - so if there's something you can do to help...

:(

Well I'm still waiting on parts and a model that predate the start of this thread in 2011... We're what? Months from 2014? Steve won't resond to texts, calls, or emails - so if there's something you can do to help...

:(

You should contact Dave/VaderDarth about being added to the list, that´s about all that can be done actively at the moment. But as you wrote, the end of the year is nigh ...

5 year wait for a Tie fighter....seems about average....I might as well get two ABS hemispheres and start hunting for the kits to scratch one.....I'm sure I'll finish a koolshaded one before mine actually gets delivered. Seriously near to giving up, he's got my money hope it was used for a good cause.

You should contact Dave/VaderDarth about being added to the list, that´s about all that can be done actively at the moment. But as you wrote, the end of the year is nigh ...

Tried that.... Dave wouldn't put me back on the list despite me asking several times or respond to my PM's.

Seems hes still taking orders and money for Tie kits which I think is surprising given the issues you guys have had and are still having.

How long in total have you been waiting, Willie? Obviously more than a couple of years but I don't think you said exactly?

Last edited:
That's one helluva long weight for a model no matter how nice it is. Hopefully you hear from him, Willie.

So what is with Steve?

Is he still among the living? What is he doing right now?

I mean, this thread has been started with good intentions and it seems at least some of his customers have gotten their stuff, but what about the rest? What happened?

Who is still in contact with Steve - Dave, Jamie? Would you mind to share?

Looking forward to any info providing substance...

Thanks,
Falk

Hey folks,
Yes the one and only Steve Neisen here.. in person.... I wanna thank Dave and Mike for helping me out this past year... I have not sold a thing on the RPF since asking for an opportunity to get caught up on all past due orders. A list that started this over 60 owed is down to 4. Now it looks like folks still wanna burn me at the steak.. As far as the hold up on the TIE standard kit I hired a 3D artist to make virtual koolshade for the new standard wing. Once that's grown I will mold and master a new resin koolshade insert to be used with the new hero wing stars. Of the TIE kits remaining I am offering to send the TIE Hero version to settle the owed list. OR email me for a refund. Also the hero kit offer does NOT include Koolshade. I can tell you I've stayed the course and have satisfied the majority of all owed folks. In the end no one will go without a refund or what was owed I think I've done a pretty darn good job considering the hole I got myself into... Regardless of the reasons why I fell behind... I stayed faced the fire.. looking all my critics in the face as a man... im not proud of what happened.. but instead of running I am finishing the list as I said I would. Those that go out of there way to back stab me behind the scenes.. flame me on the forums.. go ahead if it makes you feel better.. the fact is... I stood up and that means something and if you don't see it then there is nothing else I can do for you. I screwed up... I admit that. However I've taken the necessary action to fix it! With help of some members here and on my own I've addressed the situations that caused me to fall behind and have not taken any additional backlog since. Most kits sold since (20) K'Tingas shipped the same or next day after payment was made. Problem is no one ever writes about that.. not juicy enough. I've reached out to those who are still owed on the list. If you have not received an email from me please email me directly do not email Jamie or Dave. I will personally put this backlog to bed. Please email me if you want the hero TIE kit in exchange for the standard or anything else I make Id consider swapping for the standard kit owed. I'll have the 3D artist post his work here on the vintage koolshade panels so you see I am truly in the process of making these new wings. To be honest folks I miss this community.. the fellow artist that make up this forum. The shared ideas.. ect I was here on the rpf from the beginning... I know getting behind pissed off a lot of folks.. I hope with my efforts to make things right people can one day forgive me and see the ways of the past are just that... the past. I've surrounded myself with quality human beings and have learned from their example.. that's the best I can do.. I pray that's its enough. Look forward to your emails.
Respectfully Submitted,
Steve
AKA SWPROPMAKER

Last edited:
I wanted to add this bit of info for those wondering why the TIE standard kit has taken so long to ship. Its a total re-do. I will not send customers the old kit. Here you see the wing size comparison.. old version on left new on right. The new wing is larger...
DSC_0917.JPG
thus the koolshade pattern I had could not be used for the resin version. Its very time consuming to produce an accurate master of the new hero standard. I have also changed materials used in casting. I use a smooth on product now. Very stable nice a clean castings.
DSC_0919.JPG
It doesn't excuse the delays but wanted to let folks know who were waiting the why.. in the end it will be the best TIE kit I've ever done and were about two-three weeks away from final product.

I'd like to add that not only is the wing larger but both JC and I did a substantial amount of research to ID the remaining parts. Unless you had access to the original Master used 35 years ago, this is as accurate as you will find with about 10-15 or so additional part finds.

damalo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back