Nice alternative to the latex body suits

Thaden

Deluxe Muscle Suit

For those unwilling or without the monetary means of buying the latex bodysuits - here is a nice alternative. My only gripe is that the shoulders are not symmetrical enough but I'm sure with the ingenuity that's been displayed on this site that can be easily remedied & it's still a relatively nice suit with potential. The seller is based out of Texas despite having them listed on eBay Philippines; so shipping should be relatively inexpensive. $600 is still a lot of money in this troubled economy but it's better than a couple or several thousand dollars for the alternative.

Deluxe Muscle Suit

For those unwilling or without the monetary means of buying the latex bodysuits - here is a nice alternative. My only gripe is that the shoulders are not symmetrical enough but I'm sure with the ingenuity that's been displayed on this site that can be easily remedied & it's still a relatively nice suit with potential. The seller is based out of Texas despite having them listed on eBay Philippines; so shipping should be relatively inexpensive. $600 is still a lot of money in this troubled economy but it's better than a couple or several thousand dollars for the alternative.
Correction. Shipping is FREE! :rolleyes:

I'm also working on the Wolverine deluxe XXL costume - trust me, its very workable for a budget skin!

:rolleyes: The current muscle suits on ebay have way too big price tags for my liking atm.

If I wanted a real latex skin, I'd buy one - but with all the stuff I've been hearing about having your movement reduced, flexibility n' all - I' think I'll pass ( Besides, most normal pred skins, won't fit my size anyway )

There is also a Captain America suit which could be nice..

If I wanted a real latex skin, I'd buy one
I would like to buy a more decent muscle suit if it was not so puffy like you are wearing a balloon. Seriously I would like the suit torso that I had posted earlier, but COME ON!! What makes it that expensive?

Well, untill the market gains more people who makes the suits, I guess the sellers can charge what ever they want?! :S

I've seen the torso piece you posted earlier, and I've seen many other muscle suits made by the same seller. I don't know the specifics.. But until more people make this, OR untill (a lot of )people state that the price is the reason for not buying - the price range will stay that expensive.

I can't imagine why those cost so much either. It might be like anything else hand made to order. Neither of those suits came up when I searched for 'muscle costume'. Those two are the same seller, so they do market to the US.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Deluxe-Muscle-Suit-UND...=item255719a1d8

Those muscle suits seem to be marketed to the characters that aren't covered much. I think the latexing of a costumed super hero will be my route too. I just cant see the need for something like those suits. I should try to make one and see how much it cost me to do it.

Without running completly crazy, I also found this for comparison:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Superhero-Muscle-Armor...=item3ca7ab098f

I know its latex, but lets compare price and what you get:
The link found by Thaden and Guan-Thwei, both respectively are fabric/cloth with padded muscle, meant to be worn under a suit. The padding appears, in my eyes, too rough and too "angular" to be painted into a pred skin without work. Though I'd favour this any day, over the one I found.

The one I found, is a pure latex muscle cast. Its only the front, top arms and thighs. Besides that, it needs to be attached to an undersuit. I like the details, the muscles look insanely real. But again, we're left with all the trouble that arise with a latex suit..

Concerning price: The seller who distributes the muscle chest/torso I found, has a whole bunch of latex ones for sale - all in the tall end of the price range. The cloth muscle suit appears to be just below 600usd, for the biggsest version (Don't quote me on that, ain't checked)

So; If you're willing to pay, say, 350-600usd, go for one of the cloth versions, it'll cover more than the latex suit. But if you're like me, and some others - invest in a cheap (relatively cheap) Mr. I/Woverine/Capt. America costume, add padding, texture and latex yourself.

Trust me, at the end of the day, when you're done, you'll love your skin either way.

I'm sure the "angular" look can go away with much needed as you said padding or sculpting and then covered with latex. If I had my way and I was skilled enough to do it I wold lifecast myself or maybe even have someone my height and lifecast them and mold me a skin out of that, but there are always different options to whomever has either the money, skill, materials, and time to figure out thier skin solution their own way.

But, here is something else that I have found
Front Muscle Facade 4 Predator
I think $1,000 is a price tag that can pinch you and it would really hurt. Ouch!!

Without running completly crazy, I also found this for comparison:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Superhero-Muscle-Armor...=item3ca7ab098f

I know its latex, but lets compare price and what you get:
The link found by Thaden and Guan-Thwei, both respectively are fabric/cloth with padded muscle, meant to be worn under a suit. The padding appears, in my eyes, too rough and too "angular" to be painted into a pred skin without work. Though I'd favour this any day, over the one I found.

The one I found, is a pure latex muscle cast. Its only the front, top arms and thighs. Besides that, it needs to be attached to an undersuit. I like the details, the muscles look insanely real. But again, we're left with all the trouble that arise with a latex suit..

Concerning price: The seller who distributes the muscle chest/torso I found, has a whole bunch of latex ones for sale - all in the tall end of the price range. The cloth muscle suit appears to be just below 600usd, for the biggsest version (Don't quote me on that, ain't checked)

So; If you're willing to pay, say, 350-600usd, go for one of the cloth versions, it'll cover more than the latex suit. But if you're like me, and some others - invest in a cheap (relatively cheap) Mr. I/Woverine/Capt. America costume, add padding, texture and latex yourself.

Trust me, at the end of the day, when you're done, you'll love your skin either way.

Yep Drayne, it's only a facade...just the front. The same guy sells the entire suit, a beautiful one at that, for 2 GRAND!!!!! However, I believe he sells the rear portion that you have to glue/stitch together, paint (Pred colors) & trim yourself. Which in the long run is not a terrible or excessively expensive idea.

I'm sure the "angular" look can go away with much needed as you said padding or sculpting and then covered with latex. If I had my way and I was skilled enough to do it I wold lifecast myself or maybe even have someone my height and lifecast them and mold me a skin out of that, but there are always different options to whomever has either the money, skill, materials, and time to figure out thier skin solution their own way.

But, here is something else that I have found
Front Muscle Facade 4 Predator
I think $1,000 is a price tag that can pinch you and it would really hurt. Ouch!!
That suit is from the same creator Drayne posted and is only a facade (front) add the back which is available at his website & you're up to two thousand dollars.

maverick118 has an awsome tutorial around here some where to make your own muscle suit for cheap...
here it is
http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?sh...p;hl=incredible

That's an excellent tutorial.
Now, If a suit can be 'padded' with extra latex soaked cotton and come out really good, why buy a $2000 suit?
For that matter, why not make it from scratch?

With excessories and a properly padded muscle costume, you would have a very good suit. Besides, would the detail that would be added to the suits come out that much better?

Don't get me wrong, I fully support someone spending the money on it if they think it will make that much of a difference. I tend to think about how I will make something and how much it may cost before I consider spending big money. For me, I won't buy a suit like that. Iron man is looking pretty attractive now :rolleyes:

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back