Nexus Bonehunter Hybrid Bio Helmet: Project Done! Post #16

Uratz

Sr Member
I'm gonna call this the Nexus Hybrid Helmet made of Bonehunter v2 Fallen and ancient Chinese War helmet based from the movie Hong Men Yan or White Vengeance. Great movie by the way, lots of fighting and tragic story of strategy/betrayal/ power/ losing faith.

I'm getting into these Chinese movies, being in China they come out pretty often with these war epics and not just mindless fighting. Most of it is strategy in disguise to either gain power or trust from the fellow men. Its quite deep if you guys ever get a hand on english subbed movies. My wife does most of the translation for me with explanations of the background history of the characters. Yes they are based on real history....

So thats why I chose the Chinese war helmet style incorporating into the mythos of the Predators and how these ancient hunters have crossed paths with historical figures of earth.

Originally it was a German M45 helmet, Tried it and it didn't work.
fallen_bonehunter_wip2_by_michaelloh-d4jnadx.jpg

Now I've evolved the concept to this
bonehunter_hybrid_helmet_by_michaelloh-d4q3z85.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i also thought so. Its gonna look different once i add some ornate designs like a relief dragon designs amd some ancient ctyle chinese lettering.

Here ya go the latest update.

Sculpted the dragons by hand. took me a whole day to do it. still getting used to the softness of the wed clay. I usually sculpt in rock hard oil clay.

Interesting tid bit about the fingers/claws of Dragon designs used in ancient china. The higher the level of someone is who works for the Emperor the more fingers on the dragons claws. The highest being 5 fingered claws usually only worn by the King himself while other imperial servants, the most is 4 fingered claws.

So in the helmet there are 5 fingers on all of the claws meaning the helmet belongs to someone of very high status, worthy enough to be hunted down by the Predators!

nexus_hybrid_bone_hunter_helmet_wip_by_michaelloh-d4qd3bj.jpg

very cool! nice work on the dragons. is that a chop block,(an ink/wax stamp)? i love that you made a mold of it for your characters on the back flap.
i have several of em. kinda small collection.!

Its silicone stamp made from the candle that has these ancient style writing. It was passed down from my great grandfather... nah some one bought it for me in a gift shop. I just made a mold of it.

Here's the final. Now in molding stages.

nexus_hybrid_bone_hunter_helmet_final_by_michaelloh-d4qh0e8.jpg

yeah all of them have writing on them and they all have something on the bottom. i have no idea what any of them say!

i'll have to a take a pic or two and email you. :)

2 Days of work.....
This is how a Jacket mold or Mother mold is made in final steps. Didn't have another set of hands to document the layup process and the trimming work that spreads hazardous fiberglass dust everywhere. I wear respirator and goggles during the whole process cuz the polyester fumes is toxic and fiberglass has micro fibers that are bad for your lungs and eyes.

This is why I don't like to make fiberglass shells but its more lightweight than the plaster stone molds that would weigh a ton in this size. So yeah this is what I mean when I say in my journals "sweat blood and tears" doing this prop stuff. I am averaging 1 fiberglass mold every 2 weeks now with so many projects.

Note to Noobs:
Anyway when prop makers charge their prices please note that its not easy like we press print and a prop just comes out. I didn't even show you guys the casting process yet which also needs trimming and get dust flying everywhere. cough-dust in lungs-cough
jacket_mold_process_by_michaelloh-d4qr4id.jpg

1st Cast is done. Resin Fiberglass. The jacket mold is a bit hard to demold so I'm gonna re do it so I can demold easier. Anyway the mold came out good,very minor bubbles here and there and very detailed. Gonna cast a bunch up if anyone wants one send me a message. Paint up soon!

nexus_hybrid_bone_hunter_helmet_cast_by_michaelloh-d4qrvig.jpg

Its done! Yusa likedis hybridy helmet thingy?
Back hurts, getting old, today is a 16 hour work day...going to bed.

nexus_hybrid_bonehunter_01_by_michaelloh-d4rd2ot.jpg

nexus_hybrid_bonehunter_yusalikediz_by_michaelloh-d4rd2me.jpg

nexus_hybrid_bonehunter_greeblies_by_michaelloh-d4rd2oa.jpg

nexus_hybrid_bonehunter_04_by_michaelloh-d4rd2nu.jpg

nexus_hybrid_bonehunter_turns_by_michaelloh-d4rd2my.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back