Newbie To Predator Modeling

Goblus

I recently ordered a 1:3 scale Predator model from MODEL MOUNTAIN. I'm still awaiting its arrival (should take a couple more weeks). My only other foray into the world of vinyl figures is a 1:6 scale Arnie in Terminator 2, which I built quite a few years ago.

I have had a look at some of the topics on these forums, and think that I will find it beneficial to start trying new techniques that I have not had the chance to use on previous models.

You ordered a recast, FYI. That site looks like they've got plenty of recasts, I'm seeing a handful of Narin models priced in the thirty dollar range. You're basically throwing your money away and giving money to a bunch of crooks. Don't be surprised when you get the model in and the quality is ****.

That aside, welcome. There's a lot of information and knowledge on here, enjoy.

Thanks for the heads up everyone. I am relatively new to the vinyl scene, so any advice is welcome.

Can anyone tell me where the better quality models are online?

I got this one years ago, the originals are super rare and expensive. This is a recast but don't despair. I don't condone buying recasts of anything but its so big most of the detail is still there. It was great to paint.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back