Newbie | "New" Moon Knight Cosplay

DigitalKid14

Hello everyone,
I'm brand spanking new on here. Been reading comics forever, but I'm still fairly new to this whole cosplay thing... In fact, at 22, my first Comicon was only 3 years ago. But that's all it took. Love the community... Meet some super inspiring people... plus it's too cool to see a project come together how you want it.

Anyways... enough about me. Let's get to it:

moon knight.jpg moon k 2.jpgmoon k 3.jpgmoon k.jpg
BOOM

That's what I'm talkin' about.

I loved this "New" Moon Knight since it's inception. And I'm wanting to go as him for Emerald City Comicon 2016. The main thing I'm wanting input on though is the mask. My plan is to get this "2nd Skin Hood" from Amazon (white.jpg) and then just maybe fabric paint the moon crest and the eyes... My main thought about this method though is: will this give me enough visibility?.. Also, I've been going through different people's posts and I've noticed that many people use a hard mask underneath the hood to give it shape (For instance, for Spider-Man outfits). Should I do that for this do you think?

Sorry, I'm a totally noob at all of this... so appreciate any advice anyone has to offer.

Thanks!

moon knight.jpg

moon k 2.jpg

moon k 3.jpg

moon k.jpg

white.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What I recommend you do, basing it from the pictures, it seems that its very form fitting on the top of Moon Knight's mask and very baggy on the bottom, if you get one of those party masks, like this one,Mask It 71001 Full Female Mask, 8-1/2-Inch, White and just use the top half from the nose up, it should look pretty good. But judging for visibility, Ive never used one of the masks, but I've never heard anyone complain about the visibility. And I say that you should totally go with puff paint for the symbol. Hope this helps!

If course, I decided to get into this AFTER I left Tacoma!!! I wanted to go to the Emerald City Comicon this year, but my wife and I had to leave McChord. Thanks Air Force. Well, I'm new to the RPF as well, so welcome!

That's great advice! Thanks Peachpanda. The puff paint would look rad for the crest symbol, and I think I'll give the party mask idea a shot. ;):thumbsup

If course, I decided to get into this AFTER I left Tacoma!!! I wanted to go to the Emerald City Comicon this year, but my wife and I had to leave McChord. Thanks Air Force. Well, I'm new to the RPF as well, so welcome!

Hey ichibans13! Nice to meet you. That stinks you weren't able to stay for the con, but thank you for serving!

Hey ichibans13! Nice to meet you. That stinks you weren't able to stay for the con, but thank you for serving!
Thanks! I got out about 2 years ago, but my wife is still in hence why we're way the eff over here.

My main thought about this method though is: will this give me enough visibility?.. Also, I've been going through different people's posts and I've noticed that many people use a hard mask underneath the hood to give it shape (For instance, for Spider-Man outfits). Should I do that for this do you think?
Since I'm new to this as well, I can't speak from years of tried and true experience. But I do have one mask that I bought for my DP costume. I would most definitely recommend getting a face shell. Heck you can find them on eBay or Etsy for a decent price. From all the Deadpool cosplay I've seen, those without a face shell do not look nearly as good as the ones with one. You even have several different options depending on your face shape. For example if you have a smaller chin or nose, you could do a full face (with air holes around the mouth. Or if you have one of those superhero square chiseled chins you could just do a half face. But I'd recommend at least to the nose (unless you have a larger nose) so it looks more proper? if that's the right word to use.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back