Newbie First Attempt At Mr. Incredible Skin - Wip + Gauntlet

Wolfmanlandin

Hi All,

I've finally gotten into gear and I'm very close to starting the initial paint job on my Mr. I skin. I sort of started in reverse here, where I wanted to start with the mask and bio, but I think it may actually help me in other regards so I can scale the head properly based on the proportions. I'm kind of a big guy (6'2" and 250lbs), so my task is making things look sleeker on my frame. I have some thoughts on how to do it, and as you can see the suit is pretty filled out. Had some wrinkles to mess with on the sleeve and bottom leg sections, but I was able to work them out well enough. I've included some pics of the Mr. I suit progress and a the initial top portion of my gauntlet sculpt, sans flip panel. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

[sharedmedia=gallery:albums:246]

Hi like.you I am getting to the skin making stage and will be using an I suit. Mine however looks like the poor mans I suit as there are no muscles on the legs . I am very skinny so will have to come up with solution to pad myself out. Anyway I wanted to ask you about the stand you have the suit on . Could you possibly tell me how you made it. Would be most appreciated. Cheers

Hi like.you I am getting to the skin making stage and will be using an I suit. Mine however looks like the poor mans I suit as there are no muscles on the legs . I am very skinny so will have to come up with solution to pad myself out. Anyway I wanted to ask you about the stand you have the suit on . Could you possibly tell me how you made it. Would be most appreciated. Cheers

Thanks for looking it over. Posting more pics later today. Progress going a little slower than I'd like, but working on my bio starting today, so we'll see.

As for the stand. I used PVC and followed a great tutorial I found on youtube:

I tweaked it slightly and it cost me about $20 US to construct what I used as the frame. I actually stuffed it with bubble wrap and was almost able to fully stuff it with a 50ft roll of large bubble wrap that I found at the hardware store. It has held up very well over time, as I constructed and stuffed it almost 2 months ago and it is still going strong.

Hi all,

I found this little gem for $5.00 at Academy sporting goods the other night. It was in the NERF and outdoor games section. It's a water balloon launcher and if you look really carefully...a pretty decent gauntlet base for 5 bucks! Just need some bondo and a little TLC and should be set. More pics to come!

Check it out:

93453.jpg

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:4256]

Thanks!

Thanks for looking it over. Posting more pics later today. Progress going a little slower than I'd like, but working on my bio starting today, so we'll see.

As for the stand. I used PVC and followed a great tutorial I found on youtube:

I tweaked it slightly and it cost me about $20 US to construct what I used as the frame. I actually stuffed it with bubble wrap and was almost able to fully stuff it with a 50ft roll of large bubble wrap that I found at the hardware store. It has held up very well over time, as I constructed and stuffed it almost 2 months ago and it is still going strong.

Thanks for the link, really good. Watched a few more of the guys vids, really good tutorial about sealing foamies there, wish I had found it earlier on in my build. Gonna get me some pipe and build the stand.

Hi all,

I found this little gem for $5.00 at Academy sporting goods the other night. It was in the NERF and outdoor games section. It's a water balloon launcher and if you look really carefully...a pretty decent gauntlet base for 5 bucks! Just need some bondo and a little TLC and should be set. More pics to come!

Check it out:

93453.jpg

Thanks!

Yeah I can see the potential in the gun. I used and canabalised a few of our kids nerf guns for parts for my gauntlets. Look forward to seeing your progress.

Thanks again

Sean

Jeez mate well done... What was all that at the beginning of your thread about weight issues...???. You are no way overweight....Aaaayee cool looking pred... Well done..

Hah! The suit is slimming for sure. I think the 18 pack helps, lol. I was happy overall, but I had to rush the bio and it shows. It was very thick and heavy, which made it a little unpleasant after about 30 minutes, but some breaks in between (and a cold beer or two) helped. I focused on the abdominal midline and darked the lateral aspect of the belly to make it look less round. Overall, really happy with the suit and will continue to upgrade the gauntlet with blades. The blade is handheld like a dagger in this pic, but hard to make out since it's pointing right at you, lol. Also had issues with the chest armor and back back staying put, so I'm going to use more velcro to get that set up because I really liked the backpack but I didn't want to have to babysit losing it all day.

All in all, I consider it a good test run and will probably remake my bio and also purchase one from someone here on the Lair as well so I have a few options.

I missed the latest con and hunt opportunity in Austin because I was still working on this, but I'm ready for the next one!

Loving the Mayan vibe going on.. Fantastic...once again thanks for the link on how to make the duct tape dummy. Plan to do next week.

Cheers

Sean

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back