Newbie cosplayer wants to make a detailed spider-suit?

WackyPatty

Hey yall, so i just got a gun head design pattern from Spider-Man No Way Home, and i want to make the webs and smaller details pop more. I was wanting to figure out some screen printing but everything ive researched so far has just been for putting decals on t-shirts. So i figured id come here and ask everyone for advice on where i can maybe send a assembled/non assembled suit to get screen printed on to or maybe if i need to buy my own screen printer what would be best for a 2 color screen print? Im very lost so apologies in advance.

I’d recommend just going the puffy paint method as it’s cheap and easy to do and you can get some pretty fantastic results
This is 100% right. The size of screens you’d need, and the alignment you’d need for them really isn’t realistic for a first timer to screen printing.

Plus most of the inks you’d want to use need to be baked, and a household oven wouldn’t fit most pieces.

Puffy paint is the way to add some pops of detail and texture without the huge cost in money and experimentation that screen printing would require.

YouTube is full of different puffy paint tutorials for Spidey suits, where people show off some different techniques that should give you a good head start.

It’s always better to finish an imperfect suit than try and fail to make a perfect suit your first time out.

Trust me, I’m 17 years into the hobby and STILL haven’t made my perfect suit.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back