Newbie and my Stormtrooper Helmet

Bodger007

Hi Everyone.

This is my first post, and what a way to go with jumping in at the deep end!!!

I have been given a Fibreglass Helmet by a friend of mine that he started, but just didn't get round to completing many years ago. He had a clearcut of his workshop and found it!

Well, I'm the lucky guy with it now....but it is in such rough shape, I don't know where to start on fixing it up and getting it to a stage to be proud of.

Would you guys please be able to give me some pointers?

Many Thanks in advance.

IMG_5634.jpgIMG_5635.jpgIMG_5636.jpgIMG_5637.jpg

Hi bodger, ,Welcome to th forum.
I'm a newbie myself but what I would do if would be repair the cracks if any. Get a dremel or carving tool and sand where the crack is. then use a little of a fiberglass resin kit and repair the cracks from the inside... if you don't want to through with the mess of fiberglass, then you can use a instant 2 part epoxy adhesive. Then id sand down the whole exterior and give a fresh light grey primer coating, and check for any details that might need correcting. That should get you started. Should anything appear you should be able to correct with spot potty
If everything is ok then you can start thinking about paint.

Good luck with it and keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back