New Years Prop Resolutions!!

G17RDY

Sr Member
Ok so there are many a project that has been hanging about for a while in our garages / workshops, so i thought it would be an idea to have a New Years Prop Resolution!!

So, post your New Year 2012 prop promises / pledges here and update your progress...What is that one prop you've been meaning to start / finish?

Mine is my i,Robot NS4 head by Zorg, it's been in my garage for years, i intend to finish it before 2012 is out!!!!

15/05/2012 - NS4 Head Started - Primed!!

IMG_20120515_211501.jpg

PROGRESS: 1st June 2012
4c781de1.jpg

PROGRESS 15th June 2012
c4fd1001.jpg

Last edited:
to stop buying props, seriously.

the 2001 hal panel pre order was the last until i can get a new house (i think)

so far i have done very well over the last couple of months.

only thing i buy now is stuff to enable sales e.g. raw materials or greebles

-z

I'm hoping to finish my peter weller unmasked robocop sculpt, its been sitting on the shelf a good few years now, good thing its plastilene, few other projects to finish to, i'm hoping to make a Ludo head bust this year as well as some more silicone projects

about 75% of my bought in stuff is unfinished, there is no need for me to buy anymore. you should look at your stuff and ask yourself "am i really going to finish it?" if not sell it.

-z

I plan on getting one more Aliens hero version Pulse rifle built and other scifi gun props done and hoping to get some more done on My T2 endoarm completion as well as some statues of Iron man and Im done.....

I promised myself to have a completed Spidey suit in 2012. Hopefully it'll be just in time for the premiere of The Amazing Spider-Man :)

I started a "30 day challenge" twelve days ago. My own challeng to work on one of my two projects every day for 30 consecutive days. No guarantees that I will complete either in that time, but it must give me good progress by the end of that time. The cylon helmet will be finished first!

Kelvin phaser, BSG season 1 blaster, 2 p1 kits, Firefly Phil cast Mal pistol, and, oh yeah, the life-size head and shoulder Odo cast sitting in by buddy's basement... and I will start with... one of them... this year.
BUT FIRST-- I want (NEED) to build a display for my screen-used ST:TMP prop! (Hint: Spock used it.)

Mine is to finish my Jawa that I started 6 (YES THAT'S A SIX!!) years ago!! Other than that, I want 6 Star Wars helmets built and ready to display by this time next year.

Oh and the small task of selling my house and buying a new one with room for a Man Cave, but I'm sure that'll be easy... :lol

All the props for the small film project.

Space Suit
Graveyard
Power station
Ship's ramp

And about 30 more. I'm booked for 2012.

to stop buying props, seriously.

the 2001 hal panel pre order was the last until i can get a new house (i think)

so far i have done very well over the last couple of months.

only thing i buy now is stuff to enable sales e.g. raw materials or greebles

-z

Well sell me some, like a 21-B head lol. Seriously, would like to take one of those on this year.

lee

Like zorg, I need to stop buying really expensive props... although I do want to start acquiring Stormtrooper armour... lol.
Also, I'm gonna try and finish off a few projects: my ROTS Dooku saber which I only really need to attach the grips back on, and a weathered ANH Kenobi lightsaber.

My actual New Years resolution was: I won't buy any new stuff before I haven't finished the main projects lying around here.

The largest being C-3PO, which is about 80% done (apart from chroming), and has been for quite a while. So that will be the next thing I will tackle, I actually started already by ordering properly sized arms, a few more brass greeblies, a bit of assembly work and he's good to go.

Last edited:
made one - to leave my collectin as it is and not do any more ..............this lasted....................................................... until i got to 1pm new years day and managed to get a bargain on a proton pack and uniform. looks like thats the resolutions shot already lol

after this i decided theres only 5 more items in hunting down tho for 2012, one is an airwolf outfit, and the other items are 3 mannequins to wear my 3 outfits ( colonial marine, airwolf and ghostbuster) and a pulse rifle - but not seeking resin one - i want a hgc

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back