New Years Prop Resolutions!!

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by G17RDY, Jan 1, 2012.

1. G17RDY

G17RDY Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Ok so there are many a project that has been hanging about for a while in our garages / workshops, so i thought it would be an idea to have a New Years Prop Resolution!!

So, post your New Year 2012 prop promises / pledges here and update your progress...What is that one prop you've been meaning to start / finish?

Mine is my i,Robot NS4 head by Zorg, it's been in my garage for years, i intend to finish it before 2012 is out!!!!

15/05/2012 - NS4 Head Started - Primed!!

[​IMG]

PROGRESS: 1st June 2012
    [​IMG]

PROGRESS 15th June 2012
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
    TallDarkandDisfigured likes this.
  2. zorg

zorg Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

to stop buying props, seriously.

the 2001 hal panel pre order was the last until i can get a new house (i think)

so far i have done very well over the last couple of months.

only thing i buy now is stuff to enable sales e.g. raw materials or greebles

-z

3. frosty

frosty Sr Member

I'm hoping to finish my peter weller unmasked robocop sculpt, its been sitting on the shelf a good few years now, good thing its plastilene, few other projects to finish to, i'm hoping to make a Ludo head bust this year as well as some more silicone projects

4. zorg

about 75% of my bought in stuff is unfinished, there is no need for me to buy anymore. you should look at your stuff and ask yourself "am i really going to finish it?" if not sell it.

-z

5. gyoung2993

gyoung2993 Sr Member

I plan on getting one more Aliens hero version Pulse rifle built and other scifi gun props done and hoping to get some more done on My T2 endoarm completion as well as some statues of Iron man and Im done.....

6. merkymerx

merkymerx Active Member

I promised myself to have a completed Spidey suit in 2012. Hopefully it'll be just in time for the premiere of The Amazing Spider-Man :)

7. Hauwka

Hauwka New Member

I started a "30 day challenge" twelve days ago. My own challeng to work on one of my two projects every day for 30 consecutive days. No guarantees that I will complete either in that time, but it must give me good progress by the end of that time. The cylon helmet will be finished first!

8. QuasiOdo

QuasiOdo Well-Known Member

Kelvin phaser, BSG season 1 blaster, 2 p1 kits, Firefly Phil cast Mal pistol, and, oh yeah, the life-size head and shoulder Odo cast sitting in by buddy's basement... and I will start with... one of them... this year.
    BUT FIRST-- I want (NEED) to build a display for my screen-used ST:TMP prop! (Hint: Spock used it.)

9. Jedifyfe

Jedifyfe Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

GB Proton pack. It's sitting in my bedroom.

10. youngpaddy1

youngpaddy1 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

To complete every project I've started before starting a new one, that's me sorted til next year then.

11. TallDarkandDisfigured

TallDarkandDisfigured Sr Member

Mine is to finish my Jawa that I started 6 (YES THAT'S A SIX!!) years ago!! Other than that, I want 6 Star Wars helmets built and ready to display by this time next year.

Oh and the small task of selling my house and buying a new one with room for a Man Cave, but I'm sure that'll be easy... :lol

12. major payne

major payne Active Member

Mine is to finish off my R2-D2, and buy less stuff... but I'm determined to finish R2 :p

13. Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket Well-Known Member

All the props for the small film project.

Space Suit
    Graveyard
    Power station
    Ship's ramp

And about 30 more. I'm booked for 2012.

14. 88OrBust

88OrBust Member

I'd like to finish up some lightsaber hilts. Unlike major payne's mine is to buy more kits. I don't have enough to do.

15. major payne

major payne Active Member

LOL, that's more like my wife's resolution for me, it will never happen :p

16. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Well sell me some, like a 21-B head lol. Seriously, would like to take one of those on this year.

lee

17. jedimarkj

jedimarkj Well-Known Member

Like zorg, I need to stop buying really expensive props... although I do want to start acquiring Stormtrooper armour... lol.
    Also, I'm gonna try and finish off a few projects: my ROTS Dooku saber which I only really need to attach the grips back on, and a weathered ANH Kenobi lightsaber.

18. R2Dan

R2Dan Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

My actual New Years resolution was: I won't buy any new stuff before I haven't finished the main projects lying around here.

The largest being C-3PO, which is about 80% done (apart from chroming), and has been for quite a while. So that will be the next thing I will tackle, I actually started already by ordering properly sized arms, a few more brass greeblies, a bit of assembly work and he's good to go.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  19. voice in the crowd

voice in the crowd Sr Member

Same here.

In fact I will be selling a pile of items.

I am going to scale down and concentrate on quality and what I really want.

Next purchase (unless anything else comes up out of the blue) will be the eFX legend hero Stormtrooper.

20. who45

who45 Well-Known Member

made one - to leave my collectin as it is and not do any more ..............this lasted....................................................... until i got to 1pm new years day and managed to get a bargain on a proton pack and uniform. looks like thats the resolutions shot already lol

after this i decided theres only 5 more items in hunting down tho for 2012, one is an airwolf outfit, and the other items are 3 mannequins to wear my 3 outfits ( colonial marine, airwolf and ghostbuster) and a pulse rifle - but not seeking resin one - i want a hgc

21. Alan Castillo

Alan Castillo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Ha !

Please tell me if you manage to keep this resolution, and more importantly, how you do it.

That's what I said to myself. Now its only 02 January, & my finger on the 'pay' button still has a life of its own :(

22. Matsuo

Matsuo Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Finish that ocurssed M42 sniper rifle I started 5 years ago... :confused

M

23. Superkrates

Superkrates Active Member

To play Devil's Advocate to everyone swearing-off purchases, and finalize a low-cost Fifth Element ZF.1 kit.

24. eaviii

eaviii Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Finish my TOS sim, get Encom's Astrogunner in a cab, finish another one or two proto Encom cabs (Vice Squad next). Already buying fewer props but agree that's a difficult resolution.

Doc

25. Shylaah

Shylaah Sr Member

Just to FINISH s o m e t h i n g!

Shylaah

26. zorg

i WILL have a 2-1b kit available this year, i have been working on the neck buck recently, it will happen i promise!

just sell a **** load and keep a small select few things, its the way forward for me. they are just expensive dust collecting toys at the end of the day, with the economic situation right now i would rather no debt and money in the bank, and i'm just about there!

willpower alan willpower.there is a ton of stuff i would like and i have had my finger on the "pay" button as well. instead of hitting pay i hit the red "x" top right hand corner,and walk away. it works for me. it means there is another few hundred bucks still in your pocket.

you must have loads of stuff you have not finished, just finish them or sell them. that will keep you occupied.

-z

27. Alric

Alric Well-Known Member

Mine is to set up a display for the bits I have and sort out the pending projects on my to do list.

28. DarthWad3r

DarthWad3r Member

Complete my Carmine Helmet and save some $ to buy some more awesome props.

29. G17RDY

How's everyone's 2012 projects coming along then?, i've yet to start!:$

30. Shylaah

Shylaah Sr Member

I'm waiting on the .......uh.............a..........uh.......when the.............
    ................Forget it, I got nothing :) And now summer has arrived and
    the pool is open, so maybe I need to make a new resolution for fall?!?

Shylaah

31. G17RDY

Ok, bull by the horns, i've started - Updated original post, come on chaps get your posts updated with progress! Lets get these projects finished by the end of this year, we're nearly half way through!!

32. G17RDY

Nearly finished my New Years Prop Resolution....

Anyone else made any progress?

33. Alan Castillo

Alan Castillo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

No. :cry