New Yautja En Route- Questions!

tatooineboy

Hey folks,

I'm building an Elder(esque) Predator and getting near the finish line, but I have a couple of questions.

1.) How do you wear and/or attach the net suiting? Any recommendations?

2.) What do you use for lifts in the feet?

Thanks in advance!

P_suit02.jpg

P_suit01.jpg

dreads2.jpg

Hey Man 

suit is looking good, ok for the netting you have a couple of options, 
firstly you can use a dap of hot glue on the little knots on the netting and basically stick it to it.
Secondly you can sew the netting on this is pain staking and sore on the fingers but it works.

for the lifts on many of the commissions i have done i have used old flip flops, a few pairs, cut the section that holds your foot on, on a couple of the pairs and then on the one on top leave as is and stick them all together duct tape works fine for this.. you can also use foam to build up a base and then use an old pair of runner(trainners) or boots/shoes

hope that helps

TuaCathach said:
Hey Man 

suit is looking good, ok for the netting you have a couple of options, 
firstly you can use a dap of hot glue on the little knots on the netting and basically stick it to it.
Secondly you can sew the netting on this is pain staking and sore on the fingers but it works.

for the lifts on many of the commissions i have done i have used old flip flops, a few pairs, cut the section that holds your foot on, on a couple of the pairs and then on the one on top leave as is and stick them all together duct tape works fine for this.. you can also use foam to build up a base and then use an old pair of runner(trainners) or boots/shoes

hope that helps
Thanks for the quick response. Do you use a shirt pattern to make the shape of the netting? And how do you get it to lay flat against the skin so it doesn't appear to be baggy?

And good suggestion on the lifts. I'll try one of those options.

Yes you can use a shirt if.you want and.to stop it sagging you can spot glue it in places but remember leave enough movement so it doesn't pull from.the paint

I have an old socker (Fußball, in Deutschland ;) ) net that I plan to use, but I'm extremely hesitent about using any adhesives to keep it in place.

Never considered sewing it onto the latex suit.

For lifts I used some of those rubber square sections of mat that they snap together like puzzle pieces for things like wrestling. They lay them over the concret or wood floor. Cut them the shape roughly of the inside stack them as high as you can inside and then what ever shoe you plan on using in there. I got I think as much as 2 or 3 extra inches of height in my last pair of feet and you can glue it to the bottom to if you want get another half inch to a couple inches depending on how much you want showing. To much and it looks silly. As to the netting I did mine like Pete showed me. Grind down the tip on a pair of needle nose pliers. Lay the netting over the torso or legs get it in a position you like. Carefully go around the edges of the neck ring and armor starting at the top. Poke a small hole with a xacto knife where you want to punch the netting through. Grab the edge of the netting with the grinded down pliers and poke it through. Then leave the extra inside the latex will pinch itself back closed. Then after you get it all done go inside and dab a little hot glue on the ends of the netting poking through to glue it to the suit. Its a pain in the butt and time consuming. But looks nice when done.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification on the netting. I'll try that in the near future and hopefully, that will work for me, too.

As far as the rubber squares, what product are you using to adhere them together?

I have purchased a few of those net body suits to try but the net gap is all to small and the net is to thin. It just looks bad. I have found some arm netting that looks good. Nice spacing and not to thin. I purchased some sport netting off ebay. I think it was for hockey but I can look it up if you like. I plan on making a net shirt out of that.

Tatooineboy said:
Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification on the netting. I'll try that in the near future and hopefully, that will work for me, too.

As far as the rubber squares, what product are you using to adhere them together?
3M contact cement from the hardware store. Brush or spray on both sides that are gonna come in contact with other. Wait about 15-30 minutes for it to tack up and when it sticks its not likely gonna come apart. 

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back