NEW Wonder Woman TV Costume

blondienation

So here is the new Wonder Woman costume, what do you guys think?
Baring in mind that this is for a pilot I think it's a little cheap looking but a nice mix between the old classic costume and the new 'modern' take in the comics currently.

Hmmm>>>>saw this on 'E' and well...she just doesnt do it for me.
A. She may be tall but shes got pipe cleaners for arms.
B. That bustier makes her look like she less Wonder Woman and more Wonder Bra (theyre either fake or they look like a bad boob job in the effort to try and make her look bigger)
C. Shiny blue vinyl pants and boots look like something from a Chinese Cosplay store.
Honestly the pic looks like an add for a halloween costume.

Mmm... not sold on the pants. Reminds me of Kathy Lee Crosby's costume. I would have done some kind of skirt instead.

I also feel the "W" on the top rim of the boots is a bit too deliberate. It could be argued that they are birds.

There's also something really missing about the stars and dark blue of the American Flag. I hope that's not to "de-Americanize" Wonder Woman's dress in fear of offending Muslims, similar to how in some countries the Captain American is renamed to just "The First Avenger".

I like the idea of pants but this looks like she picked up the parts of her costume from a sex shop. As I said on another forum, I think a change in fabric could fix it somewhat

It does look like it's come straight from a mail order catalogue. I thought the costume would be interesting but I didn't think they'd go this way at all. I wonder whether it will be a work in progress, or get changed after the pilot (if it's picked up).

yeah..tacky as hell. armour that looks like its plastic, costume made from too bright pvc, that reminds me of those 'sassy halloween costumes.
Pvc is an odd fabric..works in black, if good quality. Any other colour and it just becomes tacky.
The design is ok. Would be far far better if it were in a deeper toned leather with more antiqued looking metal armour.

Looks to me like it's gonna be a very Short-Lived series!

All these years since the wonderful Lynda Carter series...
and THAT is the BEST they could come up with! :unsure

I'm so glad none of my fellow RPFers have anything good to say about this because I would seriously question your taste. lol
Its a horrible design. Makes me throw up in my mouth a little. And good god,someone fix that crotch!

while the costume is a bit tacky it could be argued the comic costume one is as well. I don't think it looks too bad, the pants could be darker but I will wait and see what it looks like on film. At least it looks like they're not tryin to deny it is a superhero show like they did with the X-Men uniforms. she could use to buff up a tad but she is attractive and she was pretty good in the few things I have seen her in, so I am cool with her playin the character.

The colors are just too bright. It looks cheap and tacky, but not in a good way. The actress looks good, but the outfit looks store bought.

Holy crap. No seriously, this has to be a joke.

::EDIT:: Look how far below her crotch the pants actually go. That can NOT be fun to walk around in.

Not sure why they picked that type of Lycra, I'm pretty sure it's 2-way stretch (Meaning it only stretches in one direction, Rather than 4 way, like most lycras, which stretches both directions) you can tell from some of the wrinkles. I used that fabric for a costume that I made for a Mazda dealership, and most of the feedback I got was that it didn't breath at all and movement was difficult.

And haven't we figured out over the past decade that when translating comics to any screen, the less "camp" the better? this costume honestly just lacks texture of any kind.

When did they say this was going on TV? Interesting costume. It looks like they are going for the Comic Book New Wonder Woman type costume.

:thumbsdown

At least someone put some effort into the Supergirl Costume for the New Series!!
190048_10150123553786842_517121841_6544054_2777832_n.jpg

JUST KIDDING!!!! (No Supergirl series that I've heard of yet...)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back