New Wip Bio

Richie

Update: Newer pics have been added, no more facebook links.

Sorry for the facebook link but, for some reason every picture I try to upload to photobucket or imageshack says that it's corrupted or something. The only way to get pictures is through my phone.

Pictures: http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?a...3986&ref=mf

There kinda out of order but, should be able to tell start from now. I was able to finally get a dremel tool, so I cut out the eyes and added a laser housing. That pic will be up soon.

I also added some changes, specifically with the cheeks and forehead. I made the cheeks wider and made the lip of the forehead stick out more.

Patch work is beginning on the right side.
c1305b06.jpg
36d7a9f2.jpg

Alright, time for a little update. First, I want to say that when I started this project the initial plan was to make this thing as smooth as possible. After spending some time on thehunterslair, I've come to realize that not one single bio is smooth. They all have some dents or divots in them, which gives them the metal look. So after getting over that and realizing this thing doesnt have to be perfectly smooth, I'm having more fun with it.

Secondly, pics. (note: I can't upload pictures from my camera so my android phone has to do.)
116aa056.jpg

front
c75183c5.jpg

Right side is almost done, there are a few areas that need to be filled.
bc8ce53d.jpg

close up of the right side
0ed34518.jpg

work has begun on the left
aa4f0a13.jpg

the crown has been filled in. still needs some work.

This is awesome! I have Pepakura Designer and have been looking for a Pep Pred helmet (free that is) any chance you'd share the Pep file? :(

MY BAD...I just found it!! Thanks!!

This is awesome! I have Pepakura Designer and have been looking for a Pep Pred halmet (free that is) any chance you'd share the Pep file? :(

It's more of a bronze, rather than the silver that the picture shows. I also added a glossy black lens then I cut using a plastic folder.
IMG_20101020_165811.jpg

Since making this one, I've had an itch to add to the collection and since I can't afford one. I'm making a new one, using the same pepakura file, just cutting and changing stuff to the way I want.
IMG_20101020_204210.jpg

More pictures to come, fiberglass and rondoing tomorrow.

update.

Well after looking at it, I didn't like the way it was looking. I happen to be looking through my AVP comic book and saw this image and instantly said that's what I'm basing it off of. It's not going to look exactly like it but, it's being based off of it.
IMG_20101022_005826.jpg

IMG_20101022_005912.jpg

I really need to get my hands on those books. I think it's great when guys pull from the books and create interpretations. I especially dig how you're going about using common materials. Good luck, brother...

Update: Newer pics have been added, no more facebook links.

Sorry for the facebook link but, for some reason every picture I try to upload to photobucket or imageshack says that it's corrupted or something. The only way to get pictures is through my phone.

Pictures: http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?a...3986&ref=mf

There kinda out of order but, should be able to tell start from now. I was able to finally get a dremel tool, so I cut out the eyes and added a laser housing. That pic will be up soon.

I also added some changes, specifically with the cheeks and forehead. I made the cheeks wider and made the lip of the forehead stick out more.
what lbs. paper did u use for the templates it seems like regular paper would be too weak.......

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back