New Way to make Dreads

Uratz

Sr Member
Its awesome. Someone was making a costume of Samael from Hellboy and this is how he made the tentacles... Then I thought wait a minute its a friggin DREAD!
I think we can add some liquid latex to the final step and paint it black. Of course this doesn't move and flow like the Booie dreads but for Predator display
where the dreads need to be posed, it be awesome. Anyway thought I share with ya'll

Here's the source: Tentacles or Dreads

"...The tentacles consist of a copper wire core wrapped in quilt batting. This forms the core, which is shaped by lashing each tentable in yarn so it tapers.
A spandex sheath was sewn for each tentacle and pulled over the core.
The tentacles are not attached at this point. They were painted along with the rest of the costume and hand sewn to the head as a final step. "

Tentacles.jpg
F1XX9H6FYIYC7MQ.MEDIUM.jpg

F0KMQKJFYIYC7OW.MEDIUM.jpg

Tentacles.jpg

F1XX9H6FYIYC7MQ.MEDIUM.jpg

F0KMQKJFYIYC7OW.MEDIUM.jpg

Yeah I plan on starting this project right after I finish building my 1 to 1 scale of the Great Wall of China... in Lego Bricks.

Sorry Mike, I couldn't resist!

Your better off just making the spandex sheath and stuffing that with the quilting and leave out the wire, thats how I did my dreads (not with spandex though just on old sheet) that way they are nice and swishy

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back