NEW VIPER MARK IIB

BrundelFly

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ok.
I have a question.
Many of you have bought the VIPER KIT.
Now the APOLLO Run, is going to have LANDING GEAR.

SO my question is, do you want the kit with a SEATED APOLLO, or...a standing one. At First, BOTH would be the obvious answer...but then you will have one figure going to waste. Not to mention, Im trying to keep the price of the kit affordable. This run will be professionally cast, so its gonna be NICE.
But its also expensive.

The Solution is to make one of the Figures optional, or an accessory.
We might also do a CDR ADAMA Figure, as the kit will have DECALS to make the
HUSKER Viper, APOLLO VIPER and MAYBE one other...if you can think of a Pilots name. We are also considering an ALPHABET Sheet with Name plates, so you can make your OWN Names.

The Kit also has:
Uniform wall thickness, so its LITE and ROOMIE for electronics.
CLEAR Instruments and EXHAUST FINs.
Detailed Gear,
New detailed Seat with survival back.
Lowered Floor so you dont have to cut your pilots legs off.
Locator pins on ALL MAJOR PARTS.
Price: Not as cheap as the STARBUCK, but not over 300, thats all Im promissing.

Please post your thoughts here.
Its your opportunity to have your say.

Thanks...
Frank

I would say offer the figure seated standard, this way the builder is covered either way he chooses building the landing gear up or down.

The standing figure can be an added option.

If you only had the standing figure in the kit and the builder decides to build the ship in flying mode, the standing figure is usless short of doing a conversion to make him seated that some people may not be able to do, or can't handle, due to lack of skill or knowledge to do the task.

I have done enough work with resin kis that this would be no problem and not a big deal, others may not find it so easy and could find it intimidating and limit their building options, thus loosing potentionl buyers.

Lynn

Agreed, go with the seated Apollo.

If you wanted to offer extras, maybe a standing Adama for a diorama maybe of Adama talking to his son who is about to go on a mission.

chris

Good Feedback thanks.

Problem with OPTIONAL stuff..is

HOW MUCH DO I ORDER? As Im not doing the casting this time around, I have to order it. So thats the issue.

If I have a 100 ADAMAs made....I met only sell 6.

Case in point, CLEAR PARTS for the other model.

I sold 7 of them.

Its 1000 Dollars to have ONE figure Sculpted. I tried having folks here do it, and it took 2 failed attempts before I had to outsource.

Model will come with Gear, I think a Seated Pilot can sit in a gear down bird, it also opens up possibility of it in a LAUNCH BAY.

Ohhh Launch Bay diorama .... great idea ...

I only need a Tyrol and a Cally figure then ..... uhmmm Cally ...... oh sorry ;-)

I would also vote for the seated figure. Gives the greatest benefits.

Cheers
Niels

Originally posted by KrokoHunter@Oct 20 2005, 02:37 AM
Ohhh Launch Bay diorama .... great idea ...

I only need a Tyrol and a Cally figure then ..... uhmmm Cally ...... oh sorry ;-)

I would also vote for the seated figure. Gives the greatest benefits.

Cheers
Niels
[snapback]1100143[/snapback]​

Who has room to display a diorama that size.? My wife gave me ONE shelf for everything.

"Who has room to display a diorama that size.? My wife gave me ONE shelf for everything."

No truer words were spoken.

Originally posted by BrundelFly@Oct 20 2005, 05:04 AM
"Who has room to display a diorama that size.? My wife gave me ONE shelf for everything."

No truer words were spoken.
[snapback]1100227[/snapback]​

I think I am starting to understand why I am divorced.

Well I have a whole basement worth of space .... so plenty of room.

Ask Staermose or Moe .. they know ..

Ok ok ... one might not build the entire launchbay ...... that would be crazy .... but a medium sized baze with a launchbay dio would be great.

Cheers
Niels

I just got the Starbuck Edition today and it's a beauty. Looking forward to the Starbuck pilot when it arrives.
For Apollo's MKIIb I wouldn't mind both a sitting and a standing pilot. Lee Adama would be sitting in the Cockpit, and his Father standing by with maybe a hand resting on one of the MKII's guns.

Im Not sure.

Its possible, I have to get teh new version in my hot little hands and see whats interchangeable.

Right now im working on getting the pilot molded.
She is here, and being molded as we speak.

Frank

For STARBUCK RUN.......Pilots are shipping this weekend.

NEW VIPER is still in the works. masters are done.
Just trying to find a shop t cast em.
Frank

Originally posted by BrundelFly@Nov 17 2005, 05:15 PM
For STARBUCK RUN.......Pilots are shipping this weekend.
Great news. Looking forward to that pilot figure. I've finally started working on my MKII.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back