New Vader Helmet on the Market

Supa troop

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
First there was Stormtroopers, followed by an array of other Helmets and the E11, then there was R2-D2 well now AA aka SDS are making and selling Vader Helmets.

Looks to me a lot like DP but il leave this to the Vader experts to mull over

53326740545966613154916.jpg

53234740545773279840916.jpg

A DP could be quite easily modified to look like that. But regardless, this is Andrew Ainsworth, the one who tried to usurp the role of Liz Moore, the lady who sculpted the original stormtrooper, so as to boost his own sales claiming that he was the original sculptor. The question is, do you want your money to empower and make rich a man who would take advantage of the death of a sculptor and claim her contributions to the Star Wars phenomenon as his very own?

I didn't ask price because I like it nor I'm going to buy it but because his prices for **** products are even higger than eFX's God props.

The detail on the dome looks really soft, and the dome placement doesn't help but something about the shape of the dome looks off to my eye.

The faceplate is interesting. I don't see any of the warpage present on the DP Deluxe masks but I'd be interested to learn the source for both dome and faceplate. Or are they both "from the original molds"? ;)

A DP could be quite easily modified to look like that. But regardless, this is Andrew Ainsworth, the one who tried to usurp the role of Liz Moore, the lady who sculpted the original stormtrooper, so as to boost his own sales claiming that he was the original sculptor. The question is, do you want your money to empower and make rich a man who would take advantage of the death of a sculptor and claim her contributions to the Star Wars phenomenon as his very own?

Can someone fill me in on this?

I just read everything on his website and it seems like he proved his case but I know most here feel he is not in the right.

His Stormys just look wrong but I'm curious about the back story. The court transcript about the sculpts seems to back up his case.

Can anyone fill me in?

Actually... the judge called him a liar and stealer of credit... so not much backing up his cause. He just seems to have "won" due to the technicality that movie props was ruled as industrial designs and their copyright only lasts 15 years, making ANYONE in the UK able to make props from ANY movie older than 15 years without the need of a license.

Actually... the judge called him a liar and stealer of credit... so not much backing up his cause. He just seems to have "won" due to the technicality that movie props was ruled as industrial designs and their copyright only lasts 15 years, making ANYONE in the UK able to make props from ANY movie older than 15 years without the need of a license.

Reading his version he was given a clay mold by his friend, not the studios, and he made the actual mold and helmets plus armor. Would that not make them his?

Not trying to start anything. Just looking for facts.

Many in the prop community seem to side with Lucas even though many a Star Wars fan are not fans of Lucas himself.

I am just wondering why most have come down on Lucas' side.

I listened to Lucas talking about how he designed Jabba for ROTJ and neglected to mention he had nothing to do with it and did not say a word about the two men who actually designed it plus the whole team who built Jabba.

Lucas does tend to use the word I a lot and rarely mentions others.

This guy may be a bad guy but I would like to know why.

Realy not trying to defend this guy Just want to know the facts.

Maybe someone can point me in the direction of old posted info.

Yes, his version is his delusion - not close to reality.

I didn't side with Lucas. I sided with the actual sculptors - Brian Muir and Liz Moore - whose work he is stealing credit for.

If you want the truth, this is the place to find it: Log In | Facebook

Yes, his version is his delusion - not close to reality.

I didn't side with Lucas. I sided with the actual sculptors - Brian Muir and Liz Moore - whose work he is stealing credit for.

If you want the truth, this is the place to find it: Log In | Facebook

Very interesting read. The Alien stuff is sad as is the paragraph 15 to 21 stuff.

That's too bad. To be honest I would not mind Lucas being taken down a few pegs. I always felt he took and got much more credit than he deserved.

Too bad this guy is not honest. I would love to see an honest person take on Lucas and win.

Thanks for the link.

woohoo, who wants a robby the robot?!

See, in my mind, this guy will stop at nothing to claw his way to the top in the minds of unsuspecting fans. Ainsworth even pirated GF's stormtrooper suit while still claiming his "original molds" sales pitch.

Liz Moore and Brian Muir (Brian is the sculptor of Darth Vader) are the original Stormtrooper sculptors.

Don't believe the fairytale marketing pitch of these unscrupulous vendors. If people are so sold on his stories that they want an Ainsworth Vader that badly, I'll provide it to them at a huge price cut. I have a secret source, an original mold.... Okay, I'll come clean: I can modify a Don Post Deluxe and make it pretty much identical, but I'd rather not as the details are too soft on the Ainsworth and I prefer my prop buddies to have something nicer.

I've been as critical of George Lucas in recent times as anyone else, but the entire concept of Star Wars is his, like it or not - Darth Vader, Stormtroopers, Yoda, R2, 3PO, Ben Kenobi, Luke, Leia, the Millennium Falcon, the Tie Fighters and X-Wings, the Death Star, Yavin, Dagobah, Tatooine, the Star Destroyers, et al. He commissioned many, many people for their artistic and technical talents to enable HIS vision to come to the screen, but they were PAID for their work, their talent, their contributions, and their artistic interpretations, and those works essentially became his property through remuneration. That a court in the U.K. has deemed the resulting work to have expired after a period of time seems no doubt to have been a boon to the enterprising likes of Andrew Ainsworth, with whatever axe he has to grind with GL, but it still strikes me as being very, very wrong, and contemptible to say the least...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back