NEW VADER COD PROTOTYPE SHOW OFF.

TMP

Sr Member
Ok here is the Prototype Cod and we have begun the cod production for full.
This cod is not manipulated it shows the actual cod.

1137640823254_NO_VISIBLE_STICHING_WITH_REFFERENCE..jpg

Hope you like it.

Nice indeed. Now I wish you could incorpaorate what no fan-made cod piece has succeeded in yet: The crampling of the leather as seen in your ANH-photo. Seems to be the hardest to do...

H.

The form looks great. But are you sure Italian Leather is neccessary?
I would think that the original leather was way thinner.
It certainly looks it.

I'm always aware that many of the ANH suit copies look too thick. the leather
doesn't 'crumple' in the way the ANH biker leather suit did.

The real cod is a protector for the groin. They use these in martial art fights.
They did some alterations to it.
But the real cod is not good when you look it up close like most of the parts in do.
People imagine one thing and its totaly different than the real thing.
Thw wrinkling up is because theu glued the material on. Also of course after using it allot of times. But in movies they can replace parts constantly when things break.
You can achive the wrinkly effect by using the leather. Let is form let it shape.
To force the leather to be like that whould not be any logic beause it will not look nice at all.

I have recived allot of positive coments on this new cod and thank you for the great feedback. I will not alter the cod because i feel this is what i want to do and i am most satisfied with the cod and the appearence.
But i have recived people comenting in a bit negative way. But the funny thing is that some of these people have a Rubies Supreme Vader .. I dont want to get into accuracy when it comes to that teritory because we all know how that costume is.
:)

Thanks again :)

TMP,
I wouldn't take those comments as negative. It is pretty obvious that you did your homework in trying to make an accurate cod, moreso than any other before you. That being said, I think the 'negative' comments are really constructive criticism for you in the hopes that a few very minor changes might make your cod dead on to the original (pretty much what most of us here are after). I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with the comments, but either way......you did a great job and it is the best one I have seen to date. Congrats.

TMP,

I reread all the posts and couldn't find any negative comments. In fact, I could only find positive reactions, mine included, as I find your approach to be the closest of all fan made cods I have seen so far. I also thought that the crampling on the screen used cod was resulting from leather being glued on. I wish somebody would offer it that way and since I feel you are the one with the closest version already I would have loved to see you commit to it, but don't feel bad if this is not what you want. You are surely creating some great stuff there in any case.

H.

i think it looks great the only adjustment i would suggest is the seam for the border around the center should be in a less obvious place...i think placing it right along the side is way to obvious and takes away from the look

Originally posted by SithLord7768@Feb 6 2006, 09:41 AM
i think it looks great the only adjustment i would suggest is the seam for the border around the center should be in a less obvious place...i think placing it right along the side is way to obvious and takes away from the look
[snapback]1177236[/snapback]​

I agree. I noticed the same thing myself.

Very nice cod....if you're happy with it that's the main thing...one can always point out areas to improve a bit but I would take that as compliment as it's closer to being screen accurate than many others I've seen....

:cheers,

Thomas

agreed..dont take the comments as a dig at the cod cause im in the market as well and depending on the price i would be in line for one also...

Overall, It's the best fan made one yet. :) I could get super anal nitpicky and come up with a few changes, but on a full vader display or costume........this one is gonna look very very good. :) Nice job...

Dave :)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back