New Vader 3d sculpt

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Last year,

I started tinkering around with a 3d model of Vader's mask that was ripped from battlefront by Nohumorman. Quickly, I realized the limitations of my 3d sculpting skills and posted a request for a bit of help from someone that was a better modeler than I. In answer to my call came Frogfreak, a teenage wizkid who's modeling skills put mine to shame. He set to work on completely resculpting the Vader face and dome from scratch, and over the last year he and I have been refining his model to come up with something the truly captures THE LOOK and epic presence of the Vader from the OT. Now I think we have it. :)

VFF Preview.jpg
VFF Preview2.jpg
VFF Preview3.jpg

He’s a very clever young man
He’s going to be a master member eventually
Nice work to both of you
Have you test printed it yet

He’s a very clever young man
He’s going to be a master member eventually
Nice work to both of you
Have you test printed it yet
He's got a ton of talent.

I don't have a test print yet. Anyone with a printer want to join the party

We've got plans to use this model as the base for a sort of swiss army knife for Vader builder's. ANH, ESB, ROTJ reveal options

If no one volunteers to test print it for us, I'll probably commission a professional print in a couple weeks

I got a few new renders to excite some of you.
This shows how it can look with it's dome and if the chin vent is cut out, is painted, and has the mouth/chin mesh, tusks, and lenses.

Enjoy!
PerfectionVader.png
Tilted perfection.png
Angled perfection.png

And this isn't perfect, because my software in it's current settings pretty much gets rid of any perspective distortion. But a comparison!
Comp.jpeg

Last edited:
Last year,

I started tinkering around with a 3d model of Vader's mask that was ripped from battlefront by Nohumorman. Quickly, I realized the limitations of my 3d sculpting skills and posted a request for a bit of help from someone that was a better modeler than I. In answer to my call came Frogfreak, a teenage wizkid who's modeling skills put mine to shame. He set to work on completely resculpting the Vader face and dome from scratch, and over the last year he and I have been refining his model to come up with something the truly captures THE LOOK and epic presence of the Vader from the OT. Now I think we have it. :)

View attachment 1397349View attachment 1397347View attachment 1397348
Will you guys be selling the file soon?

Here is a nice comparison shot of Frogfreak's model in the center, set against a scan of the TM on the left and the Battlefront rip on the right.
(The TM was not used to create the new model, and Frogfreak never had access to it, but I think it's a good point of reference to see where the model is at now)

Vader face model3.jpg
Vader face model2.jpg
Vader face model.jpg

Here is a nice comparison shot of Frogfreak's model in the center, set against a scan of the TM on the left and the Battlefront rip on the right.
(The TM was not used to create the new model, and Frogfreak never had access to it, but I think it's a good point of reference to see where the model is at now)

View attachment 1409102View attachment 1409101View attachment 1409100
And just a note to everyone else, some adjustments have been made since this comparison was done.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back