New To This, Want To Buy A Mysteria P1 Mask...

Vivica Hallow

Ok so heres the problem, i have never sculpted before. I am super experienced with making costumes out of just about any type of fabric in the world, but i have no clue how to sculpt!! I need a female predator mask for Dragoncon 2012 and i do not feel comfortable in my ability to make a mask worth wearing. Any clues on where i could buy one for under $200??

The mysteria mask is a good one to use, but only if you are a female. It is smaller than most any other bio. You should take some time to go through some threads here on the lair. You will still find it very useful although you can't purchase anything just yet.

Yes im totally female, so the small thing would work out well. I was worried that i was going to have to get this huge head... but i've found something like what im looking for,,, http://www.mysteria.co.uk/Kits/predatorhelmetdeluxe.html

but if you look at a model of a female
http://www.predatorstuff.com/gallery/images/narin/she-warrior_2/sh1.jpg
the proportions are different, the upper half of the head is large in comparison to the small jaws. the eyebrow ridge is more pronounced. i really like those aspects and would like to have a mask like that. Or am i just being too picky? should i go for this one i've found?

Yes, go for that mysteria. It is a decent price too. LED's and lenses should come with it. I got a P2 mysteria bio about a year ago and it looked a little small on me after I suited up. I am about 6' tall, 195 lbs though. There is a thread that shows the P1 mysteria bio actually fitting inside the P2 biomask. Keep looking through the threads here on the lair. It does help. Good luck!

Hi.

In my opinion, Mysteria do a better P1 than that Deluxe one.
I have one that I have painted white.
It is quite small but nice. You can see it in my gallery.

That said, I got it before I joined the Lair. I absolutely love the look of the Termokk P1. I have one on the way.
I now would only buy off lair members if possible.
Christian.

Hi
If you go for a Mystria bio, get an other set of better LEDS.
I wasn't happy with the LEDS that was in the Mystria kit.

And yes Colm, Skunk indeed makes smaller mask but not cheap.

Im feeling ambitious... i may just attempt to sculpt it... im such a proportion freak that the mask HAS to look feminine... and i dont think that delux one does. Also im hoping to find a thicker liquid latex for my dreads... do they make liquid latex with varying viscosity???

wow.

2 of the BIGGEST " report " button users, and neither says anything about the topic being in the wrong place.

i guess the females are immune to having threads reported for wrong sections huh guys, LOL. :p

Being as you cannot use the BST section and this is a " Predator Masks and bodysuits " section, i will move it to the "Armour and Weapons section" :cool:

good luck. :)

Im thinking it had more to do with the fact that im a total Noob and less to do with the fact that im female. :mad:

Anyway, does anyone have any tips for starting a sculpt? All the videos ive seen already have the mask basically done.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back