new to narin and painting these models

cultcollectables

212.jpg

hi all

this is my first post and i cant believe i never found this site as a predator fan. firstly hello all.

i have purchsed my first narin predator its a wolf predator 12" 1/6 resin kit and looks fantastic
my only problem is i have never painted one before and im looking for advise on what paints to use?
where to get them? and what the best methods are to use?

many thanks in advance

david in ireland

212.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Lair, David (from Ireland) from Stephen (from Scotland). Sorry I can't advise you but hopefully Justin or manngrasshopper (two that immediately spring to mind) can lend a hand. If they don't reply, search out their threads as I'm sure the paints are listed.
Try Death Warrior as a starting point. Hope Justin doesn't mind.
Good luck.

thansk stephen from scotland lol

yea id love to be able to paint them like the one you showed me the detail is fantastic.

Welcome to the Lair, David (from Ireland) from Stephen (from Scotland). Sorry I can't advise you but hopefully Justin or manngrasshopper (two that immediately spring to mind) can lend a hand. If they don't reply, search out their threads as I'm sure the paints are listed.
Try Death Warrior as a starting point. Hope Justin doesn't mind.
Good luck.

Weclome man, where bouts in Ireland are ya? (theres a few of us here now )

Games workshop has a good selection of colours for painting these kits up, as to what colours to use im not the may west with that but as Stephen said above looking at other threads will give you a good idea same goes for the suit paint ups if you see the colours you like.

Best of luck

yea im from dublin the northside :)

yea gamesworkshop have a good range alright might check them out and they are very helpful too

where in ireland are you?

i forgot to mention i run my own business in dublin too

selling collectable figures its going really well and of course i sell preds

www.cultcollectablesshop.com

Weclome man, where bouts in Ireland are ya? (theres a few of us here now )

Games workshop has a good selection of colours for painting these kits up, as to what colours to use im not the may west with that but as Stephen said above looking at other threads will give you a good idea same goes for the suit paint ups if you see the colours you like.

Best of luck

Ah a fellow northsider!

Definatly give gamesworkshop a shot and see what you think. Other than that theres just the usual oil paints from the likes if k&m evans off caple street and such. Only a matter of time before you get hooked on a suit!

Nice work on the website, good to see more collectable shops starting up here

Hi Davis,
Welcome to the Lair mate. I live only 5 mins away from Kwalsh000 so yup another Northsider
Cool shop you've got, I'll defo be poppin in sometime to have a gawk. All the best and good luck with the kit painting.

cant believe so many from dublin that big into predator great stuff altogether i taught i was the only freak haha

thanks alot about the shop its great cause i get to build to my collection also.

predator666 is that your suit in the profile pic?

i tell yea if there is one thing i would love would be a suit like that :)

Hi Davis,
Welcome to the Lair mate. I live only 5 mins away from Kwalsh000 so yup another Northsider
Cool shop you've got, I'll defo be poppin in sometime to have a gawk. All the best and good luck with the kit painting.

Cost a lot but yeah there's fantastically talented guys here on the lair that created the suit and I'm forever grateful. All thepeople involved are mentioned and thanked in my thread

The one bit of advice I would give about painting anything resin is to wash it in warm soapy water to make sure all the mold release has been removed. If any of it is still on there it may cause the paint to peel or flake off. Hope this helps.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back