New to forum and new to building, jumping into Iron Man

Malico

Hey all,

I found this forum in doing some research on the suit I am working on, lots of great information here that has been very valuable! Look forward to spending time here. I figured I would share my bit with people who can appreciate it as my wife likes to call me a nerd lol :)

For my suit I am not doing this for any type of convention or gathering, but more because I enjoy building things and always wanted to try and make one of these. The end use for it is for a big yearly Super Hero fundraiser my kids school does every year, plus my son will get a kick out of it as well. My work also gives me 40 hours a year to volunteer on company time, so planning to suit up and visit kids in hospitals.

Doing the full pep, fiberglass, and bondo get up. Did a proof of concept piece to see how it would look taken all the way to completion, see if I could get the quality I wanted. Now working on the helmet!

Happy building all!

IMG_2660.jpgIMG_2665.jpgIMG_2763.jpgIMG_2768.jpg

IMG_2762.jpg

Welcome! Your test piece looks great and you're off to a brilliant start - looking forward to seeing it progress. :)

Hi Malico and welcome aboard.So far it looks good and I like how you intend to use your creation for 'CausePlay'.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back