New Tie-fighter Toy W/Larger wings

KnightAsylum

Sr Member
I don't know if this question belongs here, but I will ask it anyway, and if it doesn't, sorry. I purchased a new Target exclusive Tie Fighter toy with "new larger wings" and they are huge (compaired to the regular toy) The old & new regular Tie toy had wings that were 9 inches tall (and clearly looked short) but the new toy has 15 inch wings, which make the whole thing look much more accurate. So my question is what are the measurements on the Studio Scale Tie?
While I know that a toy will never look as good as a well done model, this one does look nice, and for $40 I can't beat the price, so I am just trying to see how close in size the wings are to being accurate.
Thanks for the help.

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=95731

:)

WHOOPS.. :$

It didn't occur to me that as a new member you don't have access to the Off-Topic Forum yet, where that link would take you.

So to answer your question, no, the toy is still not Studio Scale but is close, and the new wings are a VAST improvement. And the old battery on the back of the eyeball is gone.

I'll leave the thread open for ya in case you have more questions.

Sorry about that.

Bottom line: the Hasbro TIE is like the Rubies Supreme Vader. For pocket change and some paint, you can have something that looks nice and which most people would recognize as being what it's "supposed" to be.

But if you can afford paying several hundred dollars more, you can get much closer to screen accurate. It's your call. ;)

- k

I see you've already posted a request for an upgrade. When it's in effect you'll be able to read that thread.

I'm not a new member and I can't get to it either.?

Originally posted by Treadwell@Oct 17 2005, 01:21 PM

It didn't occur to me that as a new member you don't have access to the Off-Topic Forum yet, where that link would take you.

So to answer your question, no, the toy is still not Studio Scale but is close, and the new wings are a VAST improvement. And the old battery on the back of the eyeball is gone.

Sorry about that.
[snapback]1098323[/snapback]​

I can't read too .

Originally posted by redshirt+Dec 11 2005, 08:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(redshirt @ Dec 11 2005, 08:07 AM)</div>
I'm not a new member and I can't get to it either.?

<!--QuoteBegin-Treadwell
@Oct 17 2005, 01:21 PM

Sorry about that.
[snapback]1098323[/snapback]​
[snapback]1133428[/snapback]​
[/b]

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back