New Tie-fighter Toy W/Larger wings

Discussion in 'General Modeling' started by KnightAsylum, Oct 17, 2005.

1. KnightAsylum

KnightAsylum Sr Member

I don't know if this question belongs here, but I will ask it anyway, and if it doesn't, sorry. I purchased a new Target exclusive Tie Fighter toy with "new larger wings" and they are huge (compaired to the regular toy) The old & new regular Tie toy had wings that were 9 inches tall (and clearly looked short) but the new toy has 15 inch wings, which make the whole thing look much more accurate. So my question is what are the measurements on the Studio Scale Tie?
    While I know that a toy will never look as good as a well done model, this one does look nice, and for $40 I can't beat the price, so I am just trying to see how close in size the wings are to being accurate.
    Thanks for the help.

2. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=95731

:)

WHOOPS.. :$

It didn't occur to me that as a new member you don't have access to the Off-Topic Forum yet, where that link would take you.

So to answer your question, no, the toy is still not Studio Scale but is close, and the new wings are a VAST improvement. And the old battery on the back of the eyeball is gone.

I'll leave the thread open for ya in case you have more questions.

Sorry about that.

3. PHArchivist

PHArchivist Master Member

Its about 1/28 scale.

4. phase pistol

phase pistol Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Bottom line: the Hasbro TIE is like the Rubies Supreme Vader. For pocket change and some paint, you can have something that looks nice and which most people would recognize as being what it's "supposed" to be.

But if you can afford paying several hundred dollars more, you can get much closer to screen accurate. It's your call. ;)

- k

5. gladus63

gladus63 Active Member

I can't access to the topic too, is it "open" ?
    thanks,
    need also an upgrade :cry

Cédric

6. Treadwell

I see you've already posted a request for an upgrade. When it's in effect you'll be able to read that thread.

7. redshirt

redshirt Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm not a new member and I can't get to it either.?

8. gladus63

gladus63 Active Member

I can't read too .

9. Treadwell

The old thread is gone so the link doesn't work anymore.