new SUPERMAN RETURNS trailer is up

I have my fingers crossed that Bryan Singer doesn't take the heart out of this one. Superman is too important to screw up. Not that I didn't like X-Men I & II but they were a little lacking.

Oh I'm looking forward to this. Unless of course that scene with Lois and Superman flying next to the globe has Lois wondering if Superman can read her mind.

Does anyone know for CERTAIN though that the John Williams score will be used in the movie, and it's not just being used in the trailers?

i couldnt help but laugh at the rescue of the plane though.

in the animated series, when clark "debuts" as superman, he tries to save a plane and ends up ripping it apart before it hits the ground, muttering "oh great, way to go clark." while hes working.

the trailer is awesome :D

i know what im working on next :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

chris

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kerr Avon @ May 2 2006, 07:51 PM) [snapback]1237306[/snapback]</div>
Does anyone know for CERTAIN though that the John Williams score will be used in the movie, and it's not just being used in the trailers?
[/b]

Williams' main theme will be used and incorporated into the movie, though the rest of the score is be by someone else. Can't remember the name of the composer at the moment.

Am I the ONLY person who thinks that trailer made the movie look worse than I originally thought?

I don't know what it is, but there's something about this movie that just makes me glad I'm not a diehard Superman fan, because I'm not going to see my precious childhoot hero stomped all over (of course, I already had that with Batman & Robin).

Oh, and usually I dig Spacey's acting, but he seems so forced in this that I don't even think HE can save it.

*The above is simply my opinion, and you're welcome to disagree*

i dunno, i think his take on luthor being... well... psycho is pretty good. hes happy go lucky and can change in a heartbeat. sort of like gene hackman but on pcp while being bipolar.

i gotta admit, im looking forward to the film moreso now, especially given the pretty nifty flight effects. the hard landing shot was pretty cool, and i think routh can pull it off.

im still not sold on the suit, but im more 85/15 on the movie now, than earlier this week when i was 70/30 (itll be good/itll suck balls odds)

chris

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PnatheraGem @ May 2 2006, 11:58 PM) [snapback]1237392[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kerr Avon @ May 2 2006, 07:51 PM) [snapback]1237306[/snapback]
[/b]

Williams' main theme will be used and incorporated into the movie, though the rest of the score is be by someone else. Can't remember the name of the composer at the moment.
[/b][/quote]

The guy's name is John Ottman (he did the music for X Men 2). I cant say I'm familiar with his music at all. A friend of mine heard, or read, an interview with him where he was talking about composing a new theme for Lex Luthor. The decision not to use the "March of the Villains" from William's score was not taken lightly and mainly done because that theme is more closely associated with Otis than with Luthor. I also saw a net interview with Richard Donner who was over the moon about Singer's work on the new Superman which bodes well too given his stamp of approval. So I'm hopeful :)

Cheers,

Dave

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Immortal Goat @ May 3 2006, 07:51 AM) [snapback]1237399[/snapback]</div>
Am I the ONLY person who thinks that trailer made the movie look worse than I originally thought?

I don't know what it is, but there's something about this movie that just makes me glad I'm not a diehard Superman fan, because I'm not going to see my precious childhoot hero stomped all over (of course, I already had that with Batman & Robin).

Oh, and usually I dig Spacey's acting, but he seems so forced in this that I don't even think HE can save it.

*The above is simply my opinion, and you're welcome to disagree*
[/b]

I think the trailer makes the movie look amazing...

I was finally able to see the Trailer on my Wife's Computer since it's a better System.

The one scene that made me laugh was when Lois asks Superman "Where were you"?

I could almost picture the rest of the scene...

Lois: "Where were you"?"Where have you been"? Nag,...Nag,...Nag...Complain,...Complain...

Superman: "Now THAT is exactly WHY I went away for a while".. :eek

The New Preview looks interesting, I look forward to seeing the Movie.

Even though I STILL don't like the new costume, it looks like it's going to be a pretty good movie. :)

-B89. :D

OK, I've got to admit I was completely skeptical about this movie until now...

That trailer actually gave me goosebumps. I loved it.

Kevin Spacey looks brilliant as Lex and the special effects look tight. I'm actually looking forward to this now.

I think most of us think it looks good because we are hearing Williams' music. (his best ever IMO)

;)

It would not be nearly as good without it.

Now, John Ottman...sigh.

Do a search on IMDB. How many memorial scores has he written?

NONE

I hope they do use William's theme a LOT because I have never enjoyed Ottman's original work.

SUPERMAN RETURNS: THE IMAX EXPERIENCE
The latest installment in one of the most compelling sci-fi stories ever told is simply spectacular. Superman Returns: The IMAX Experience, from Warner Bros. Pictures, has been digitally re-mastered into the unparalleled image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience® with proprietary IMAX DMR® technology and boasts 20 min. of action in IMAX 3D.

oh man, this keeps on getting better and BETTER ......

NWJEDI
dave

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back