New Star Wars TV Show / Props?

ghostryder

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I wonder what props we'll see from this? 100 hours is a LOT of screen time.

Well not only is the Star Wars sage far from over, but according to the following report at MovieWeb, there's over 100 new HOURS of original Star Wars programming headed our way.

Steve Sansweet said the following in an exclusive interview:

We're doing it in two phases. The first is Star Wars animation, which is CG 3-dimensional animation, like a Toy Story, that takes place during the period of the Clone Wars that takes place between Episodes 2 and 3. And that we're setting for Fall of 2007. Preproduction is underway, we're doing animation test, people are working on initial scripts. So we're well under way on that. And George is very much taking hand and is very much part of the whole process. I know some people thought maybe he would just hey "hey, go do it," but George is Star Wars and he's always gonna be very closely involved in this.

The other project is live action, and the live action is going to take place between Episode 3 and Episode 4. We're looking at a 1 hour show and [Producer] Rick McCallum has said the ideal would be to come up with 100 hours to really get into the story line and characters, and that's the direction we're going in. So that is really targeted more towards the end of the decade.Click below for more.

http://www.movieweb.com/tv/news/90/11090.php

100 hours? That's four seasons.

No word, yet, on who the central character(s) will be? Here's hoping for Vader exterminating Jedi, but it will probably be more about the forming of the Rebellion.

Wayne

Originally posted by PropReplicator@Feb 26 2006, 09:02 PM
100 hours? That's four seasons.

No word, yet, on who the central character(s) will be? Here's hoping for Vader exterminating Jedi, but it will probably be more about the forming of the Rebellion.

Wayne
[snapback]1194352[/snapback]​

I agree, that's what I thought when I heard they were going to do a live action show.

Also, I think we will see the rise of many key Imperial characters such as Tarkin, Moti, Tagge, etc...

I wonder if we will see Thrawn at all?

Originally posted by alienscollection.com@Feb 26 2006, 07:39 PM
I wonder what props we'll see from this?  100 hours is a LOT of screen time.

http://www.movieweb.com/tv/news/90/11090.php
[snapback]1194341[/snapback]​

Given the time line between EpIII and EpIV, you can count on a lot of blasters. We may even get to see the deployment of Stormtroopers and the E-11. I would expect early variations of the DL-44, but that's just a guess because it's so prominent in the OT.

Holographic comminicators turn up regularly in the movies. I wouldn't be surprised to see variations of those. Comlinks are even more common, and I would shocked if the main characters aren't carry some.

I'm not sure about lightsabers. The EU established that not all of the Jedi answered the call to war, so there would be Jedi who didn't fall to Order 66. If the TC series adopts this story arch, then it's possible we'll run into Jedi with lightsabers. However, these Jedi would be few and far between. If you series focuses on the building of the Alliance and not the hunt for remaining Jedi... we may never see a single lightsaber for the full 100 hours. Something would seem missing to have a Star Wars story coimpletely devoid of lightsabers and Jedi, so I expect that we will see them but they be rare. Maybe just an Episode or two, and probably only in the first season (maybe the second).

I am really curious to see which station ends up picking up the live action series. The only 2 that I can think of would be Fox, of course, and.......I dunno maybe sci-fi. I can't see ABC or NBC picking up a show like that.

I imagine the live action series will show us a lot of the development of Boba Fett. :fettrotj Lucas has said that, during the making of the OT, he had no idea Boba would become such a cult figure, and that he wasted potential by giving the character such an anticlimactic death. The live action series is an opportunity to take better advantage of Boba's cachet.

The meeting of Han and Chewbacca is another natural story arc for the live action series to follow... but would Lucas (and the fans) accept anyone but Harrison Ford as Solo? He's such an icon. On the other hand, Lucas has permitted at least four other actors besides Ford to play Indiana Jones at different ages (in Last Crusade and The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles).

What do y'all think? Will Han figure prominently in the new TV series? :confused

{EDIT} I just read the title of the thread again. Didn't mean this to be a hijack. :$

I don't know if a star wars tv show would last long, i just donesn't seem as somthing that would last for years. Like star trek it went from TV to movies where it went to new hights, then the new tv shows that fallowed the movies all bomb out after a few season. There was some star trek show that came out on scifi not to long ago, it was set in a time line befor the orgainal star trek? it had a few shows then.. bom it was never heard from again. So it would lead me to wonder if a star wars tv show would fall to the same sad fait.
:unsure

Actually, the first Star Trek Series (The Next Generation) did quite well through it's seven seasons. Even Enterprise (the most recent one) lasted three seasons and it pretty much died out of the gate, so I think 4 seasons is highly reasonible.

And as far as props, I agree about few lightsabers and more blasters. In addition, this gives Lucas a chance to fade from the High Tech PT style to the kit bashed OT style. The kit bashed style was purely due to lack of funds and at 1-2 million an episode (the going rate according to Paramount) it is definately going to be lower budget than EPIII. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the entire 100 Hours cost less to make than the 6 Hours of Prequel movies.

Originally posted by temponaut@Feb 27 2006, 08:52 AM
What do y'all think?  Will Han figure prominently in the new TV series?  :confused

I would say that Han and Luke (growing up) would be the two central Alliance characters.

God I hope not. Please let it not be about anyone I care for and further ruin these characters...

Hell, just make it about Dengar. You can't mess that up. How can you wreck "the Adventures of Dengar, the Space Mummy"?

They already watered Fett down with Jango and that Logan kid... shudder. Can you imagine a Lipnicki Solo? Shudder.

Originally posted by DarthKahnt+Feb 27 2006, 10:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarthKahnt @ Feb 27 2006, 10:04 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-temponaut
@Feb 27 2006, 08:52 AM
What do y'all think?  Will Han figure prominently in the new TV series?  :confused

I would say that Han and Luke (growing up) would be the two central Alliance characters.
[snapback]1194725[/snapback]​
[/b]

I would be very surprised if that were the case. I would expect such well developed characters to rare, if they are even seen at all. IMHO the main characters will more likely be new names, or characters that are known by name only. Background charcters from OT might be the main, or at least prominant, characters in the TV series. I believe we'd be more likely to see "Corporal Madine" or "Lieutenant Akbar" than a young Solo.

I'm very interested to see what they do with the starships. There are a lot of well established designs that we expect to see, but there should be plenty of room to come up with something new and different. It's a big galaxy :D

Originally posted by Talisen@Feb 27 2006, 11:19 AM
We need more X-wing dogfights. And Bounty Hunters.
[snapback]1194783[/snapback]​

I wouldn't expect to see X-Wings for a while. As Moffeaton pointed out, we have to get through development and deployment of the Z-95 HeadHunter before we get to X-Wings. At least, we should. It's EU, but the Headhunter has been every OT video game to come out of LucasArts.

I really would like to see shiny, new X-wing and Y-wings toward the end of the 100 hour run :D

Seeing the progression from Replica Cruise to Imperial Star Destroyer should be interesting. There is some opportunity for fun with the character's reaction the first time they see an ISD, considering that the audience knows the Death Star and SSD are still to come but the characters don't.

For better or worse, the TV series is probably gonna be SMALLVILLE for Star Wars. I expect a lot of that kind of stuff going on in and around Luke's farm. My 2 cents.

I am almost positve that Lucas has said that no majore characters will be in the live action show. Meaning no Luke, no Han, no Chewie, etc. Perhaps new characters will be in this.....who knows. But take it with a grain as salt. We all know how much Lucas likes to change his mind.

I am really curious to see who is or will be in it to keep us all interested in watching. I am sure we will get to see many more species and planets as the empire is tightening it's grip.

Something that stuck with me (the only thing?) from my first viewing of Ep III; Yoda telling Obi Wan that he was going to pass time with Qui-Gon's ghostself while on Tatooine.... I shrank in horror when I realized that this might mean a desert-planet Lenny & Squiggy show.

Mark my words-- this is going to be it.

KD

I'm pretty sure I'd heard GL himself say that it would be based on secondary characters, where people like Vader, etc, would only be mentioned in passing, or *maybe* have cameo roles.

Of course, if the ratings were in the toilet, I'm sure a Vader episode is there to boost things.

Young Han hooking up with Chewie? If done to the quality of Young Indiana Jones, I'd be all for a single episode, or maybe even a two parter as a season closer.

There is ONE young Luke story I'd like to see. The apocryphal tale of Ben saving Luke where Owen tells Obi wan to get lost forever.

We'll all watch, though, no matter what. Because, it's what we do. :)

My biggest hope is that Boba Fett will be a significant part of this show. Lucas himself said the show would prominently feature background characters and there's no bigger background character in the SW universe than "bucket head" himself. It would totally make sense to follow him from being a young teenage kid(or should I say clone) to becoming the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy. Besides, with the Sith(Vader and Palpatine) not being in the show the only real villains you could use are clones and bounty hunters.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back