New SS Pred Stuff thoughts?

mothmonty

Sr Member
I know the last couple of Bios Side show put out left a bit to be desired, so what are peoples thoughts on the new "Beserker" bio and the Tusk Statue? Personally I know where I would go for bios.

Going for both skulls if money permits, and depending on the look of the Beserker 1:1 I might want to save up for that one aswell. Not too keen on the new bio's besides Tusky, I think I'll take Hez's for it.

Not hearing good things about the Berserker bio sadly :D maybe didged a bullet by the sound of it, but i will wait for out guys to report back.

What have you heard Lee? i was planning on buying just the Berserker bio as i hate the falcon mask, and aren't fussed about tuskys. I was hoping things would greatly improve!!

Im looking forward to seeing the Berserker maquette though, looks to have a nice dynamic pose. Thing is, SS never seem to do a brilliant job on the actual production pieces paint wise despite their rather lovely proto's, they charge well over the odds also as they know people will que up to pay.... pfffft!

Bad news folks...Bovine called me from SDCC to tell me that they're awful. In fact the news is SO bad that even though it's Scott that's telling me this, I still feel like I need to see it for myself. The bios are tiny (i.e. not much bigger than mysteria bios) and the paintjobs are crap. He described the lenses as something like 'tinted sandwich bags'.

I know this isn't sideshows fault, they didn't sculpt the bios after all, but it's still disappointing if true.

Well, I'd take Scotts word for it. If he disapproves of the pieces, then I wouldn't waste my time. I was hoping that they'd step up quality, and the paintwork. Unfortunately, it's not out of character for SideShow to market the hell out of the prototypes. You know, something that looks like it's worth $300+ dollars. Then upon recieving said item, you realize that it's no where near the quality of the prototype, and you're kicking yourself in the balls because you can't believe you spent that much money on "it."

I understand that they are a business, and they have costs and over-heads and all that ****. I can understand that, but what I don't understand is why people keep going back to them. It's like sitting across a table from SideShow at a diner. They hand over the briefcase full of goods after you've paid their ridiculous asking price, and while you're about to inspect them - SideShow reaches under the table and grabs your sack and screams: "GOTCHA!!" And you're all "holy ****, I can't believe I let my gaurd down!"

I'm not trying to be negative, well.. alright - yes I am. I am looking to get back into collecting pieces, and I'm not about to shell over the amount of money they're asking for their helmets if I'm not going to get what was pictured on their site. Futile, I know. Ya know what... they should just sell all of their pieces raw. You look at what you got, and you want to repaint it anyway. So why not cut out all that useless factory painting.

Are the PREDATORS bio's cast from the movie used pieces? Even if the creatures themselves weren't KPH height, the helmets looked like they were of good size regardless. I suppose the "tinted sammich bags" are a lot better than the crappy print-off that the AVP bios fell victim to.

That's all, folks!!!!

I believe they're cast from the movie pieces. They're making a big deal about working with KNB anyway. None of the actors are over 6'7", if I remember rightly. Yes, pretty tall, but KPH still had 7" on all of them. So did Ian Whyte. I'm honestly kind of hoping that scale was just hard to judge in that huge hall, but I doubt it. Anyone know when Underbite is shipping from SS?

Second opinion has been that they're not that small after all. I guess we're just going to have to wait and see, but I don't doubt that the paint ups aren't up to much.

Second opinion has been that they're not that small after all. I guess we're just going to have to wait and see, but I don't doubt that the paint ups aren't up to much.

We pretty much know we'l get a once over grey finish, their proto's always look superb, then the production pieces get shipped off to the primary school art lesson in China to be painted, then through Stevie Wonder and co quality control and straight to us for a rather tastey £300 :)

ya i was not happy when i received my scar bio when i received my scar and saw how they cheaped out the eyes it detered me from buying the celtic and the chopper but i will say i really would like to buy the berserker and the falconer bio just because the prototype pics looked so good but that doesnt mean they are and if you guys are hearing not so good reviews maybe ill just wait.

Kinda disappointing being when i received my Wolf bio it was so awesome and well put together

After witnessing these bio's for 4 straight days and talking to Bryan Steel about these 2 bios that were on display,I'd figure I would chime in on this topic. These 2 bios were directly from the movie molds and Bryan did say they were the same size as in the movie. He did hold Scotts Boar Bio and said it weighed about the same,however there was ALOT more detail in the movie bios (paint,weathering,battle damage). I for one was pretty disappointed with the small size of the bios and crap paint ups....but thats just my 2 cents/opionion.

Personally, when it comes to Bios, I'd hit up the two sculptures here: Hez and Biohunter76. They both do outstanding work.

I'm definately going for ALL of the maquettes and hoping for some smaller dioramas.

I'm not too big on 1:1 stuff...but that Berserker skull is really starting to call my name.

Dissapointed to hear the 1st hand 1st impressions, but sadly not surprised.

I would love to have accurate bios from all of the films, Fan Made or collectables. ( one day i will even get another AVP bio, probably the elder to go with my SH celtic, thankfully not a SS item ) and it seems Wolf was the last sideshow bio to be anything like good value.

I guess i will live in hope until they actualy ship. I am not going to hold my breath though.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back