New Spiderman webshooters - who's gonna jump on these!?

zsherman

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So who's gonna start IDing these? Nixon watch bands? Folssil watch bodies?

Last edited:
Re: Oaky, so who's gonna jump on these!?

I've been looking for the parts since these pics were released. So far my searches for the band seem to point to a company called "nemesis", they have many wide band or "cuff" band watches to choose from. I've seen a few close looking watch bodies in my searches at local stores, the closest match being a timex watch from Target. I'd love someone else to take a jab at this though, I know there are many who are great at identifying store bought pieces.

The cables look like a internal laptop connection. Kinda' like the one in the inside of the keyboard ribbon on the older version macbook. (media keyboard 2008 - 2009)

Yeah, I was wondering when that version would be recreated here on TheRPF.

One request, please make the thread title a bit more informative.

Thanks,
Michael
RPF staff

Yeah, I was wondering when that version would be recreated here on TheRPF.

One request, please make the thread title a bit more informative.

Thanks,
Michael
RPF staff

I was thinking the same thing, it'll probably get many more replies and be easier to find with a more direct title.

Waiting on better reference pics. Agreed on the watch band; looks like "The Rocker" model.

At a glance, it looks like a smaller watch is set inside the larger watch body. Something like a ziiro mercury watch?? Something with a red plastic front. You can see what appears to be strap rails on both sides.

The whole shooter just looks like a watch within a watch to me. Just a matter of finding the models.

-Rylo

Last edited:

I'd agree with laptop ribbon or suggest ribbon from old hard drives, because they look familiar.

Anyone think this Timex Model T44921 looks relatively close to the watch body used?

Timex-Men-s-T44921-Expedition.jpg

Re: Okay, so who's gonna jump on these!?

Dude, you should change this threads title so it gets a little more attention.

I was out all day trying the ID that little red piece in the center. I still say it looks like a smaller watch within a watch.

-Rylo

Be sure and 'like' Palmetto EFX Group on Facebook.:thumbsup

I'm a watch guy and can't quite determine what it is. Initial thoughts, the whole watch itself is not a put together of different ones. I was thinking basically the top of the watch (bezel, crystal etc) has been removed, and the remaining movement/display is left showing.

It looks almost like a red LED watch display in the centre of the watch.

Tim

:confused

-Mike J.

Im assuming that emoticon is due to the fact that the shooters in your image look different than the ones in the first post. If so, I agree, there do appear to be significant changes/differences. Perhaps different versions or upgrades during the film?

An once again, can the original poster PLEASE change the thread title? It takes forever to find this thread!

I've been harping about the title, too.

Might just start my own thread to cover more ground. The more eyes the better to ID these pieces.

-Rylo

Im assuming that emoticon is due to the fact that the shooters in your image look different than the ones in the first post. If so, I agree, there do appear to be significant changes/differences. Perhaps different versions or upgrades during the film?

An once again, can the original poster PLEASE change the thread title? It takes forever to find this thread!

I've been harping about the title, too.

Might just start my own thread to cover more ground. The more eyes the better to ID these pieces.

-Rylo

My thinking as well, maybe we should just start a new one.

I was just wondering if that image was helpful. I think we can see what looks like ... a nozzle (?) inside the ... hole where the stem and crown would be.

I think the 'web spinners' are the same between the two shots - I think the angle changes and the bands are hidden by the costume. On the top surface of one of them, where the watch dial or crystal would be, there is what looks like a reflection of the blue costume material. I think that's the same dark red glossy 'lens' area that we can see in the other pic, just at a shallower angle.

-Mike J.

Last edited:

I still think there might be some slight differences between the shooters in the two pics. Seeing as how we are mostly focusing on the webshooter props here, and not how they relate when used on the spidey suit, I personally am going to focus on the first pic in this thread where they are worn with street clothing because that displays the props more than the costume.

I don't think the center piece is a watch-within-a-watch - it'd be very small. I think the center piece is likely to be a custom machined item, and is likely to be the fluid cartridge which is inserted into the shooter. I'd love to be proven wrong and have it be a found item too, though!

- Doug

check fossil watches too....a friend of mine has tons of watches from fossil and they all have removable watch bodies so you can mix and match them

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back