New Spider-Man 3 Costume

Originally posted by Gruson@Feb 24 2006, 11:57 AM
SPOILER:

WARNING, DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO WAIT FOR THE MOVIE:

Q3.Does Venom fight in this movie or does he just show up as a cliffhanger?

A. Yes he fights. Again, he will fight Spidey with Sandman at the end, the movie leads up to this "battle royale" at the construction site. GG will also join in the fight, but not on the sides of Ven/San. GG fights with Spidey instead.

A.I've seen the costume of Venom (yes hes in it, but only towards the end) and its extremely cool. Think all black latex with veins all over his upper half, reaching over onto his arms. However the veins also shape into the Spider thats on his chest in the comics (no white). Venom will be a little larger than. spidey. Basically the bad version of spidey. Venom has nasty teeth, no where near exaggerated in the comics. Just really sharp yellow teeth, very fang like, it will be prosthetics. Tongue will be CG.
[snapback]1192493[/snapback]​

that whole interview is from an unknown and unsubstantiated "insider", Aitn It Cool News says right before the post that it could be complete BS like all the other rumors about this movie.

It just looks like he is siting in the rain on a dark night to me. :rolleyes they had better come threw this time i'm a little sick of seeing great comic books, turn in to really bad movies.
it's like someone doing your homework for you and you still copy the answears worng.
I hope spider-man is good the last 2 where over rated, it's the best comic book movie we have witch is not saying much.... with movies like dare devil,FF4,x-men, the list go's on
It's like saying hey i beat the retarted kid down the street in a race.
and they are working on a dare devil 2..... :eek: just incase you thought the horror of bad super hero movies was over.

Originally posted by Gruson@Feb 24 2006, 12:30 PM
FYI,

SPOILER:

Venom IS in the movie.

:)
[snapback]1192419[/snapback]​

I am really looking forward to this movie,and was doubled when I saw the USA paper today have this pic on their "LIFE" sidebar...I was soooo hoping that at least the symbiot would be in it and as soon as I saw that suit I knew it....having the Venom will only get better...

If this is indeed 'The Black Costume' that denotes the symbiote venom then im wondering why it has the raised webbing, in the comics/cartoons the black suit was just, well, black with the white spider, also the poster shows the chest and lower leg sections of the suit are different colours so what is it going to be black and slightly blacker black? I just think its a dark photo, and that 'trailer' looks like a selection of clips from SM 1 and 2 with some venom CG added

that gif you posted has a shot of SPawn from ...spawn...thats gotta be fanmade. And for discussion sake, heres a cg I did with just adding the chest spider...looks better to me.

blackspidey.jpg

Mistake made. Edit.

The black suit does look nice. But Im still skeptical as to this is just sony toying with fans. Sure, its not black and white. But they never said the colors are'nt artistically toned down.

Glenn

From IMDB.com :

Dunst Reveals 'Spider-Man 3' Villains
3 October 2005 (WENN)
Topher Grace and Sideways star Thomas Haden Church have inadvertently been confirmed as the new Spider-Man villains by Kirsten Dunst. After months of speculation about the actors behind the masks of the Spider-Man 3 bad guys - and the characters they'll play, Dunst, who is back to play Spider-Man's love interest Mary Jane, has let slip in an interview the identities of both the actors and their evil alter-egos. Speaking to website Zap2it.com, she says, "We have really great people as the villains in this film - Thomas Haden Church and Topher Grace - Venom and Sandman... Maybe I wasn't supposed to say that." Dunst then reversed her claim, admitting Church will play Sandman and Grace, Venom.

You know... The Sony website says "Spider-man wears a black suit..." It doesn't necessarily say that he will be wearing that black suit- just a black suit. As someone mentioned before, they like to be tricky with their advertising...

Taking anything hollywood gives for a super hero movie is not always a good thing cough *spawn* if this is the new black costume witch i am sure it is not, but if it is then i am far from pleased with it.
If it is in fact the black costume it is a huge cop out. the same costume just a darker color to hell with that give me the classic look.
and i am going to break some ones knee caps if the f*up venom

What I think they are gonna do (what I hope really) is that this is only the Symbiot emulating Peters Idea of what the suit should look like, and as the movie progress's we see the suit start to change as peter loses himself to the symbiot. And by the end of the movie it will be a full on black costume and then we have Venom at the end.

These are my thoughts, which I had posted elsewhere earlier today:

First of all, it's one extremely early poster.

Second of all, there are things to consider when designing for a film. You've got to remember, there are plenty of other moviegoers who have never read Spiderman in their lives, and they're paying too. As fickle as audiences are these days, you can't just go drastically changing a costume that has been established in two previous films.

And let's say Venom appears in the film. Does it make sense to have the same costume appear on two separate characters in the same film, even if they are never wearing it at the same time? And so Spiderman ditches his old costume, sports a new one for awhile, and then goes back to his old duds - all in two-and-a-half hours (when it was a long run of issues in the comics)? Too much costume switching for the casual viewing audience.

And before you say that the faithful Spiderman fans should come first, consider that the first two films had production budgets of $139 and $200 million, respectively. Spiderman 3 is sporting a budget close to $250 million. That's alot of money to make back on ticket sales. Comic book fans alone aren't going to top that number, so the production team has got to make sure that they appeal to the entire viewing audience that has made this franchise such a great success.

It's easy for us to say that even a moron should be able to distinguish between two separate costumes and not get confused, but we've been exposed to Spiderman for years. We know what costumes he wore when, and why. But not everyone does. In fact, when it comes to costume, Spiderman is Marvel's Superman. You can't go changing the costume easily, as evidenced by the reactions in the other thread. For most people out there, the red-and-blue has always been Spiderman, and seeing a character in a black suit with a big white spider on it can be a difficult transition. That said, I agree with the decision to keep the costume the same, and only change the color. The change is simple and effective, but not overpowering to the audience.

As they are wont to say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Originally posted by TFrosst@Feb 24 2006, 06:06 AM
He doesn't.  There have been different origins.  The symbiot is what colors the suit, and once he gets rid of it, it goes back to being red and blue.
[snapback]1192154[/snapback]​

Peter continued alternating between the red & blue costume and a cloth, non-symbiote version of the black for about a year after he rid himself of the symbiote. They finally had it ripped up in a battle and that was that for 'ol blackie.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back