New Search Option Suggestion

wuher da brewer

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Is it at all possible to create a means of searching by member images? Right now, we're capable of searching by member topics and member posts. Sometimes, I know so-and-so posted an image that could be of use to a particular build I'm doing. Looking through several dozen topics/posts for an image isn't always easy. Just thought I'd inquire as to the possibility. Thanks.

I'm not sure how we would do that currently. Members can host pics anywhere, and can name the pics anything they want. I'm not sure how to setup a search when those properties are random.

Of course, if you know what member posted the pic, you can always search for their posts... that would narrow it down some.

Maybe someone else will have an idea?

[<div class='quotetop'>(rocketeer25 @ Jun 13 2006, 01:12 PM) [snapback]1261136[/snapback]</div>
I'm not sure how to setup a search when those properties are random.
[/b]

Code:
Simple you search for the one thing that isn't random in a posted image, the [img] and [/img] tag in the BODY of the message...

Just use the normal Invision search script as it will actually do this, but is blocked from doing this specific search in the existing code by the authors of the script...  Tweak the existing code by removing the block to allow [img] and [/img] searches, just be warned that the results would be huge and very unorganized...

I don't have access to a current Invision script set on the machine I'm using right now, but I'm sure the search block isn't too hard to find in the scripts...

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back