New prop guessing game! What am I working on? - We have winnahs!

Re: New prop guessing game! What am I working on?

I was going to guess the bullet from Runaway (horrible 80's movie Tom Selleck & Gene Simmons with heat seeking bullets). After a quick Youtube check, those bullets didn't have red tips, and yours doesn't have fins. Then you said it wasn't from a movie, so I'm clueless.

Nope (although I have to admit I'm a little disturbed by the Family Guy gif :lol )

I think Rylo did some of the bullets from Runaway, and the pistol as well. Damned good work too. Love that movie, evil mechanical spiders and all.

Not x-files, but I can't recall any special bullets in that series either.

Another batch o hints!
The bullet mine is based on was more faceted (but I can't actually DO that, so I cheated a bit).
It was used in a single shot pistol. Not a rifle. As I mentioned before, the one I am replicating is a bit smaller (that's a .50 BMG round pictured) but I don't have access to those size bullets or brass. Sometimes you gotta do the best ya can :)

Chris

Serenity. just shooting in the dark.....and trying for a pun too..lol

I'm going to have a stab at it being from Farscape. Haven't seen any of it in years but it seems like something they might have had in a one off ep

If this turns out to be something from an Anime series, you'all gonna have a lot to answer for...

Nope, not stargate. I am curious if there was a special bullet in the show though, I can't recall one offhand.

There is a special bullet in Stargate. Rules of engagement - 309, Some young Jaffa are practising using stun weapons (intars).
Jack takes a look inside one of the modified MP5's to find red bullets.

I think that's the only shot, The rest of the time you only see guns shooting red light, or the crystal in the bottom of the mag.

As for what you're making, I have no idea. I'll be annoyed if it's from a show I follow.

Single shot pistol, not sure if the ammo matches but reminds me of the one in Hard Target that Fouchon uses. (Thompson Centre Arms Contender)
Memory serves though, they were standard lead tip bullets but with a naughty pyro/pop whenever they hit anything lol

Probably many single shot pistols out there, just reminds me of that

Ok, slightly better hints.
1: The original was a more purple color.
2: The original was a smaller caliber (but I don't have access to that size, so I made a biggun)

Chris

I know it! It's the bullet from Cowboy Bebop that fixes the kid/old man that is removed from time.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Cowboy Bebop: "Sympathy For the Devil"

I know it! It's the bullet from Cowboy Bebop that fixes the kid/old man that is removed from time.

Sent from my Nexus 4

We have winnahs!

Uv1TbbQ.png

I'm planning on seeing if I can facet the gem a bit with my belt sander, and then flame polish it. It won't be as purple/shiny as the shows was, but damned if I can find purple acrylic rod in 1/2" width online.

Really surprised it took this long, I didn't think it was that obscure of a prop. Then again I have been fiddling with the idea for years, so maybe I'm a bit close to it :lol

Chris

That was my first impression from the outset, but I figured it was supposed to be from a live-action TV show, so I didn't say anything.

So what's the real caliber of the bullet supposed to be? Cause your replica looks good (admittedly, I have an untrained eye)

Sent from my Nexus 4

Ok here Is a true easy one.what is it?

View attachment 179827

No clue man, I think I need a hint.

So what's the real caliber of the bullet supposed to be? Cause your replica looks good (admittedly, I have an untrained eye)

Sent from my Nexus 4

I'm not positive but I think it's a 30-30 shell.

OOOOOOHHHHH This one I know. It's that light up box from Fringe. The one where you can only switch it on and off with your mind. Very cool!!!!!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back