New Pred related costume idea.

Hunts With Man

Well, not a new idea for me, I've been wanting to put this thing together for a long time.

I don't have a ton of costuming experience, just a few not so great attempts at simple prosthetic ear tips... I've done quite a bit of sewing, model and miniatures painting, and I currently make money crafting and selling mail (Chainmail).

Reading over the Lair and seeing some of the amazing work posted here has inspired me to start planning a Biomask, body net, and armour designed for a human wearer. Really the only tricky part I can forsee is getting the mask together and finding a way to secure it, I'm just not enough of a freak to embed a magnet in my own forehead.

Anyone have suggestions on starting a Bio like this? Or even just telling me it's a stupid idea and to go forth and make a full Yuat'ja already. ;>

Edit: Sorry, should have thrown this in the Help section. This seemed like a good place to bring it up when I started, but thinking about it while posting led to more questions than I intended. Sorry again.

Howdy and Welcome!

For the Bio mask you can get a construction worker or bicycle helmet with chin straps then attached (epoxy or PU Foam) the bio helmet to it and wear it. Weight might be an issue.
The best is just to get a latex half mask and put the bio helmet over it.

Howdy and Welcome!

For the Bio mask you can get a construction worker or bicycle helmet with chin straps then attached (epoxy or PU Foam) the bio helmet to it and wear it. Weight might be an issue.
The best is just to get a latex half mask and put the bio helmet over it.

wow those bone masks on the bottom of your post are bad-ass,........

yeah i would mod a construction helmet to be the chasis for the bio. there are some nice ones that have the knob on the back for adjusting the tightness.
so.... you make maille? :D i will be PMing you soon.

yeah i would mod a construction helmet to be the chasis for the bio. there are some nice ones that have the knob on the back for adjusting the tightness.
so.... you make maille? :D i will be PMing you soon.

Please do.

Also, thanks for the recommendations on the helmet, everyone. I had a similar thought about modding an M17 gas mask, but something solid like a helmet seems easier to work with. Weight won't bother me much, but throwing off the balance of the core helmet itself is probably worth thinking about.

I need to research techniques, materials, and stuff before I dive into this hardcore. Probably work up a couple of design sketches with my craptastic drawing skills so I have something solid in mind, huh? ;>

Mini-update. Face on pencil sketch of the Bio is complete. I'm going to get it scanned later on, probably after I sleep off the headache I've found today. It's pretty simplistic in concept, very little embellishment. Partially because my drawing skills are... nearly nonexistant, and I don't want to push myself too far if I ever get around to sculpting this thing.

Edit: Took me longer than I wanted to get the image scanned. But here it is.

Biomask_01___Pencil_Reduced.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back