NEW PICTURES The Jason's Batman "Helmet"

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by 13doctorwho, Mar 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. 13doctorwho

13doctorwho Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I've been wanting to sculpt a Batman cowl forever. I was intimidated by doing a full cowl so I decided to do a "helmet" that would be worn with a cloth or leather hood. I decided not to try to duplicate any one design and just use elements I liked from all of them. I chose the mid length ears because the long ones seem impractical, but the really short ones look too much like Daredevil.

This is sculpted in oil based clay on a Styrofoam head. It is not done. I still have more smoothing to do, but I think it's a promising start. Keep in mind this is only the third life size helmet/bust I have sculpted. I plan to make a silicone mold (the silicone is on order) and a resin helmet. This will be for display only, as I didn't have a life cast of my head.

I know the symmetry is not perfect, but I'm still working on it. Take a look and let me know what you think.

101_0617.JPG 101_0618.JPG 101_0619.JPG

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    Jamie Ridder likes this.
  2. 13doctorwho

13doctorwho Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Re: The Jason's Batman "Helmet"

I finally have a finished helmet. I made the mold out of Mold Max Stroke. The casting is polyurethane resin. I painted it blue because I grew up on the Neal Adams blue and grey Batman art. Take a look and let me know what you think!!

batman helmet blue.jpg

3. Vox

Vox Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Came out nice, dude! I definitely see multiple different Batman artists' influences there. Looking forward to seeing it on!