NEW PICTURES! Studio Scale TIE Fighter Progress

jvasilatos

Sr Member
Here are some new pictures of my studio scale TIE progress. Once I get the rest of the Koolshade I need I can finish the wings. These are some progress pictures of the wing construction, which was a pretty decent sized headache getting the right angles cut and then adding a thin strip to the Plastruct H-Beams (on the outer edges) to properly represent the detail on the screen used models:

WING_BEAMS.jpg

This shows how they will be adhered together with the wing stars after I can add the Koolshade panels (they are attached to a cardboard pattern I cut for the solid styrene sheets that will be painted semi-gloss black and sandwiched in between):

WING_1.jpg

WING_2.jpg

WING_FRAMES.jpg

And here are some updated pictures of the hull paint job. I am also awaiting some small red lightsheet to create the red triangle readout panels on the inside of the cockpit so the cockpit cannot be sealed off until that's done. For now I put a black panel behind the window frame so light would not reflect back from the camera flash:

COCKPIT_PIECES.jpg

HULL_ANGLE.jpg

HULL_ANGLE_2.jpg

HULL_FRONT.jpg

BACK_HULL.jpg

LIGHTS.jpg

ENGINE_LIGHTS.jpg

HULL_BASE.jpg

I am glad that the studio scale TIE models were not weathered since I am not good at weathering and this is a good model to build to duplicate the ANH versions. In researching grey panel details, it's interesting that most pictures of the model in the Magic of Myth exhibits show that the top hatch is only one color, but I was also freeze framing the shots in the Death Star trench of Vader's wingmen, that show the dark grey panels on the top hatch so that's the look I am going with.

JV

Amazing as i said somewhere else lol, and dont worry JV, Ties just dont look right weathered, ISD's have a drive thru wash in the launch bays, trust me on this :lol I too love this kit, just cant afford one for a while huh Steve lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Paul Heaberlin @ Apr 24 2006, 04:58 PM) [snapback]1232233[/snapback]</div>
Thats lookin pretty nice. I'm still hoping to get ahold of one of these. Would look great next to my CC X-wing.
[/b]

I could sell you mine. I could use the cash to get to Wonderfest this year. PM me if you are interested.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cobywan @ Apr 25 2006, 08:43 PM) [snapback]1232949[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Paul Heaberlin @ Apr 24 2006, 04:58 PM) [snapback]1232233[/snapback]
Thats lookin pretty nice. I'm still hoping to get ahold of one of these. Would look great next to my CC X-wing.
[/b]

I could sell you mine. I could use the cash to get to Wonderfest this year. PM me if you are interested.
[/b][/quote]
I would like to buy it
I pm you

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(propcollector @ Apr 25 2006, 09:10 PM) [snapback]1232969[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cobywan @ Apr 25 2006, 08:43 PM) [snapback]1232949[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Paul Heaberlin @ Apr 24 2006, 04:58 PM) [snapback]1232233[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
I would like to buy it
I pm you
[/b][/quote]
Hey jvasilatos

Where did you get the death star base from? and also what did you use for the lights?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cobywan @ Apr 25 2006, 09:43 PM) [snapback]1232949[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Gone. Sorry for the thread hijack. I didn't really mean to do that.

I really love the cockpit detailing you got going on there.

I'm using very small LEDs for the engine lights and am going to use red lightsheet in the cockpit for the display triangle lights you see behind the pilot.

Oh yeah, I bought the base from a fellow RPFer.

JV

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(propcollector @ Apr 26 2006, 11:05 PM) [snapback]1233739[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(propcollector @ Apr 25 2006, 09:10 PM) [snapback]1232969[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cobywan @ Apr 25 2006, 08:43 PM) [snapback]1232949[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
I would like to buy it
I pm you
[/b][/quote]
Hey jvasilatos

Where did you get the death star base from? and also what did you use for the lights?
[/b][/quote]

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back