New pics of the Hot Toys Dutch figure... WOW!

Faken

Hey guys... they just posted new pics of the new head sculpt for the Hot Toys Dutch figure and holy **** is the prototype AMAZING!!!! Check it out:

I did a little write up about it at http://www.predatorstuff.com/2009/02/20/ho...ttle-impressed/

I have to say, this is probably the most amazing human likeness I have ever seen on a prepainted scaled figure, that's just amazing. I hope the final production piece is close to this good!

Edit - Oops... if you want to know where you can preorder this (ships in the summer), go to http://affiliates.sideshowtoy.com/Tracker....=6390&cid=2

Last edited by a moderator:
That is fantastic! iv never brought any hot toys, for those that have, are the production examples likely to look as good as the prototype?

That is fantastic! iv never brought any hot toys, for those that have, are the production examples likely to look as good as the prototype?

Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. That's why it's better to wait and see in-hand pics from ASIA when they surface on different forums. They get all this stuff before everyone else, months in advance. That's when you can see how much of a difference there is between proto and the actual product. HT has a bad track record with their Predator line imho when it comes to completely changing stuff last minute. They completely changed the entire paint scheme of their P2. Did the same thing with Wolf and Borg too. And the funny thing is, HT NEVER changes the pics on the box art, which makes the difference even MORE apparent when you get them. So I would suggest waiting or if you can pre-order somewhere with no cancellation penalty do that.

No. For example, when I got my "Lost Predator," I'd hoped they'd fixed the poofy dredlocks as shown on the prototype figure. Not even close... they're worse than my Predator 2 figure, and they're shorter so it's harder to position them to look more natural. The paint's not accurate at all, which is the case with the P2 as well. I wish they'd just come blank. But that's the thing with any of these companies - they make the prototype look like gold to lure you in for the sale. Although the paint work they did on the Predator figure is really good for this kind of a figure, so I don't know how that'll turn out as far as the production model. Same for the Dutch and Billy figures - they look awesome, but who's to say that what you see is what you're going to get.

:p

i personally kinda enjoy taking the rough draft and making it perfect:) at least... ive kinda learned to do that, but i does suck to have to , lets say, repaint the WHOLE BODY and everything, for sure, they cost so damn much it does seem like a dirty trick, but what can ya do:( they're soo coooool! i cant help it yes the P2 was terrible, yes all of the AVP preds seem to come with the same body patterns when scar and celtic (at least) should have more of a traditional spotted look. basically all of em have suffered from lack of effort, the only one that was really accurate at least to the prototype pics was my P2 elder, that thing was pretty spot on, as far as holding him up to the pictures on the box, he didn't suffer any changes in quality, anyone else notice? :p i still think he should've came with at least a few face quills if anyone can look he has some of those tiny little holes like the AVP elder does but was never shown with quills, anyway , ya sorry...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back