NEW PHOTOS Captain America Stealth Shield Varaint

13doctorwho

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I really like Captain America; The Winter Soldier so I wanted to make a shield from it. I really like the Bucky Rescue Shield so I thought what if I combine that with the Stealth Shield? I photoshopped my Bucky Rescue Shield with the Stealth Shield colors to get an idea what it would look like. I like it, but I'm not sure. I mean, is it a Captain America shield without red?

Here's the photoshopped image. I haven't decided if I'll make it. What do you think?

captain america stealth shield.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Captain America Stealth Shield Varaint

Thank you, Valor. I loved your Batman Utility Belt, by the way.

Very NICE! Now why didn't I think of doing that. Might have to steel your idea on this one....

Super cool!

I've actually been working on getting one of these made up after I saw Valor's heater shields and thought "I should do a pair of these!" (when I finally finish my round shields)
Long wait in the line for the aluminium fabricator I used for my round shields though :(

Nice! Since Cap started off with Red, White and Blue vertical stripes I can see this happening.

Is there about to be an increase in medieval shield sales because of this?

Thank you all for your supportive comments. I'm definitely going to do it! It'll look cool hanging next to my "Bucky Rescue Shield".

I was considering doing the white areas silver, I haven't decided yet. I like the silver idea, but I don't know if it will look lame on a wooden shield. Maybe I could skin the wooden shield in sheet styrene.

I think I want to make the stars out of sheet styrene plastic so they are raised. I may try to add details from the star on the round shield to the stars on this one. I still need to iron out the details. I plan to start this weekend!!!!

If you are going for a milled look on the stars, you are going to do the same on the stripes?

It's finally done!! I had every strange problem you could imagine. This is the fourth wooden shield I've built so I thought I had it down. At any rate I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I clear coated it flat because I thought that was more appropriate for a "stealth" shield. All that's left is to add the hanging hardware and put it up. Take a look and let me know what you think!!!

captain america stealth shield.jpg

Here is the shield hung on the wall with my "Bucky Rescue" shield. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Captain America Shield display.jpg

It's finally done!! I had every strange problem you could imagine. This is the fourth wooden shield I've built so I thought I had it down. At any rate I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I clear coated it flat because I thought that was more appropriate for a "stealth" shield. All that's left is to add the hanging hardware and put it up. Take a look and let me know what you think!!!

View attachment 460433

great looking shield! Can you share what color light blue you used? Was it in a spray can?

Thank you for your comment. The light blue is Krylon "Island Splash" Gloss (spray paint). I clear coated with Flat to give it the stealth look. Thank you

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back