NEW P1 GUANTLETS FINISHED

Mannowar

Sr Member
Among all my other stuff, I've finally got these molded. The blade mold is curing at the moment and I'll be able to start casting those up tomorrow. Cast in resin. A little bigger than the DB's. The flip lid on the CPU gaunt is as simple as attaching 2 hinges. The blade gaunt bottom has 6 mounting points on top and the top of the gaunt sits right down in nice and snug and you just pop in 4 to 6 small bolts (which blend right in with all the gadgets on the housing) I wanted something that involved less work to assemble than the DB's. Here are some photos.

P1_Blade_Gauntlet_150.jpg

P1_gauntlets_350.jpg

P1_Gauntlets_250.jpg

nice job scott!!! Some gaunts that are EASILY put together were needed for a loooooong time!!! anyone who has had to peice together a set of gaunts can REALLY appreciate this!

Very nice!

You do only the tops or all of the stuff seen in the pics?

Would love to get a pair, Scott.

But I guess I am to poor....

Very nice!

You do only the tops or all of the stuff seen in the pics?

Thanks all... Tops and bottoms Uhl... everything seen in the photos. I've got a lot to do tonight, so I probably won't get around to casting any blades until the weekend, but I'll post some photos of those with the gaunts as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks all... Tops and bottoms Uhl... everything seen in the photos. I've got a lot to do tonight, so I probably won't get around to casting any blades until the weekend, but I'll post some photos of those with the gaunts as soon as I get a chance.

Top notch like everything you make Scott !!
Quality+Details+ Price+Nice guy to deal with= Scott MoW

Thanks all... here is a shot with the new blades. I just slapped some chrome paint on them, but I think they'd look better with a little weathering as the chrome just tends to glare... might even go with some silver and some weathering to make them blend a bit better. These (blades) are made of Smooth-on Task-14 (formerly C-1520... Smooth-on is really going to confuse everyone soon as they're changing ALL product names to Task with a number following). Anyway, the Task-14 is a semi-rigid resin, so they're bendable without breaking. I run a wire armiture inside when casting so they'll hold their form nicely. I'm also conisider toying around with a heavy poly foam, maybe a 25 lb. soft foam for blades as well. 25 lb foam is pretty study, but still soft enough to not be a problem for entry into events, etc... I'll get some better shots of the blades out of the gaunts when I get some time to do some different paint ups on them.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back